Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu Slow

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu Slow in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop that's using an NVME SSD as a boot drive and my start menu is really slow, whenever I click on it, it takes a few seconds for it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwaway3958292, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Slow

I have a laptop that's using an NVME SSD as a boot drive and my start menu is really slow, whenever I click on it, it takes a few seconds for it to actually open. It's really bothering.

I can't seem to find any solution by googling, so I might as well try my luck here.

The only solution I can think of is to reinstall windows but would rather not.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/throwaway3958292
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwaway3958292, Mar 7, 2020
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Slow

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu Slow

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Slow - Similar Threads - Start Menu Slow

2. windows 10 slow start menu on start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 slow start menu on start: Hello, it seems last post was blocked but user clearly said problem in not fixed and i have same form time to time. onece a month maybeI was able to see something that may be small tip to devs. While start menu couldnt be working i was able to observe on task manager that in...
  3. windows 10 slow start menu on start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 slow start menu on start: Hello, it seems last post was blocked but user clearly said problem in not fixed and i have same form time to time. onece a month maybeI was able to see something that may be small tip to devs. While start menu couldnt be working i was able to observe on task manager that in...
  4. windows 10 slow start menu on start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start menu is slow Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu is slow Windows 11: Hello, I have a problem with the start menu: If you click the windows button, you can type to search. I have to click the butten, and then click " search for apps, settings and documents". After that it needs 5-6 seconds to load what I am typing. My specs are:Acer Aspire 5...
  6. Start menu is slow Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu is slow Windows 11: Hello, I have a problem with the start menu: If you click the windows button, you can type to search. I have to click the butten, and then click " search for apps, settings and documents". After that it needs 5-6 seconds to load what I am typing. My specs are:Acer Aspire 5...
  7. Windows Start Menu Search is slow [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Start Menu Search is slow [Fixed]: [ATTACH]The Search option is a great way to quickly find something from the deepest pocket of your Windows 11/10 computer. With Search Indexing turned on, it allows you to search out any file or folder using the feature in question. However, for some users, the feature isn’t...
  8. Start menu slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu slow: The start menu is too slow it always takes 2-3 seconds to open video please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-slow/0f997e3b-8a1a-4e91-8790-42293dd25204
  9. Start menu slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu slow and sluggish: Hi, I've been using my laptop for 1 year. and over the past month the start menu has been very slow to startup when i click on it or press the windows key. Like 4-5 or sometimes even up to 10 seconds wait for it to pop up. typing in search seems to be very slow too, the text...
  10. Windows 10 boot/login slow and no start menu and notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 boot/login slow and no start menu and notifications: Hey, when i turn on my computer, and type in my account password, i wait a minute to log in, but i have a ssd, and 3 days ago it took only a few seconds. Also, after i type in my password, i hear Windows 10 error chime every minute or two, until i turn off my pc. And when i...