Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu stopped working after last update

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu stopped working after last update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I lost the windows 10 start menu altogether, if I press the windows menu or I click on the icon, nothing happens. Not even the taskbar activates. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Magishian, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 start menu stopped working after last update

I lost the windows 10 start menu altogether, if I press the windows menu or I click on the icon, nothing happens. Not even the taskbar activates. I've scrolled through dozens of blogs and videos trying every trick and nothing works.

It was a "November 10, 2020—KB4586781 (OS Builds 19041.630 and 19042.630)" update that broke the start menu. I upgraded again to version 20H2 that I'm on now.

Same for the clock or action center. They don't work at all.

submitted by /u/Magishian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Magishian, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu stopped working after last update

1. Windows 10 start menu stopped working after last update - Similar Threads - start menu stopped

2. Windows 11 Update = Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update = Start Menu Stopped Working: After the last Windows 11 update within the past week, my start button stopped working. Here is what I tried so far:Restart Windows Explorer in Task ManagerEnd Windows Explorer and restart in Task ManagerCheck system updatesRun DISM and SFC in PowershellRestarted Windows...
  3. after last update my start menu won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    after last update my start menu won't work: please advise on start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-my-start-menu-wont-work/9cc0d3f5-94cf-4be7-9243-510d05d6df43
  4. after last update my start menu won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after last update my start menu won't work: please advise on start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-my-start-menu-wont-work/9cc0d3f5-94cf-4be7-9243-510d05d6df43
  5. Start menu not working after last update

Start menu not working after last update: I have Windows 10 and after the last forced update I cannot access my start menu. The key at the bottom left of my screen does nothing when clicked, quick access on my keyboard also gets no response. I have run several cleanup tasks including an sfc through powershell and...
  6. Mouse stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse stopped working after last update: Don't know the update number. I restarted a few times and reconnected my wireless mouse but it won't move at all... I'm pretty sure it's not the batteries as they haven't been in long and the laser is still bright. The obvious solution is just to buy a wired mouse... But...
  7. Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update

Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update: Yesterday, I installed the latest Windows 10 updates. After that update, I have noticed that some of my Start Menu icons don't show up properly. These appear to mostly be the Office 365 icons. I rebooted my computer again today and these icons are still not showing up...
  8. Touchscreen stop working after last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen stop working after last Windows 10 update: I have a Samsung All-In-One Computer Model: DP700A7D updated to Window 10 no problems. But after last update my touchscreen has stop working and the icon in taskbar is not showing up. Help! 18843
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu stopped working: Some help please. Out of the blue my start up menu doesn't open and i can't even click on sear bar nothing happens. I have the latest windows 10 with fall update. I did fall update last week when it downloaded and no problems until now. Weird. Any help please. 97287
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu stop working: Hi I am using Windows 10, and my start menu stop working for me. I have run the following commend in Powershell. sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...