Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop and start to set up my start menu tile group. But I removed the original tile group by accident. I try to create my own tile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PiyanonM, Nov 23, 2019.

1. PiyanonM Win User

Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel

I just bought a new laptop and start to set up my start menu tile group. But I removed the original tile group by accident. I try to create my own tile group but I cannot arrange it to the top of start menu. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel 6d6e5abd-e03d-4333-b831-5d1908ad77b6?upload=true.png

Thanks.
    Piyanon M.

:)

PiyanonM, Nov 23, 2019
  2. OldAussie Win User

Get your Windows 7 Start Menu back.

I tried Classic Shell and Stardock's new Start10, but I went back to my old favorite Start Menu X.
    It's a very different design from all the others, with all items displayed in one big sizeable panel.
    You can arrange items into your own groups, each of which can be left open or collapsed.
    It doesn't have the tiles section (the right side of the standard Windows 10 menu) so it's not suitable for touch screens. All the Modern Apps appear in their own list as small icon plus name, not as tiles.
    Start Menu X

OldAussie, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Windows 9 start menu in action

The only real usage issues with Windows 8/8.1 are the Start screen and Charms bar. Luckily they're doing away with the Charms bar and they've brought back the traditional Start menu, but with tiles.

I liked the tiles, but the fact that it needed a whole screen was not very productive unlike Windows 7.

Cheeseball, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel

How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?

Hi,

1-Open the Start menu.

2-Click and hold the left mouse button on a tile want to move.

3-Drag the tile to within the same or other group.

4-Drop the tile where you like to have it.

https://winaero.com/blog/group-tiles-start-menu...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

MilagrosM2020, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel

1. Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel - Similar Threads - start menu tile

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?: I would like to add web links and apps in an easy-to-find section of the start like I had on the windows 7 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-to-move-and-group-tiles-on-windows-10-start/0ba2f967-c223-4902-9ae8-ea3a33469ab4
  4. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  5. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  6. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  7. cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu: Hi all, Wired issues popping up now... *Smile I cannot seem to be able to edit the tiles in the start menu. I cannot move, resize and add tiles. I've checked the register for a value that disables edit in Policies Explorer under HKLM and HKCU and I have nothing...
  8. Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?: There is alot of empty space to the right of my start group and I can't seem to resize it or delete it, the only way I can interact with that area is if I drag something in it and only can I rename the group. Heres a pick I found online if no one understands what I mean...
  9. Pin top left hand of start menu in RC (not tile)

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin top left hand of start menu in RC (not tile): The ability to pin a shortcut to the left hand of the start menu was a function apparently removed in RC. This really affected my productivity with 10 so I reverted to 7 after a week. I would like to go back to 10 so does anyone know if this has been reintroduced? 19203
  10. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379