Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu UI not showing.

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu UI not showing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Start Menu for some reason wont show the UI when clicking the Windows button or the Windows key yet it works if I navigate through it with the Tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sprinter05, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu UI not showing.

My Start Menu for some reason wont show the UI when clicking the Windows button or the Windows key yet it works if I navigate through it with the Tab key. I have tried sfc /scannow, DSIM Image Cleaner, updating my system and other solutions but it refuses to work. The search bar UI still "works" because it only shows half of it. I will now add a screenshot of the problem.

. Windows 10 Start Menu UI not showing. fd1f9e16-1717-49dc-91ae-7a17ed5463c4?upload=true.png

As you can see it shows the menu options pressing Tab and arrow keys but it won't show the UI.

:)

Sprinter05, Apr 10, 2021
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu UI not showing.

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu UI not showing.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu UI not showing. - Similar Threads - Start Menu showing

2. Windows Start Menu not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu not showing up.: Hello together,we have a User with a broken start menu on his laptop. Hitting the win key, or pressing it with a mouse will result to a colored icon, but not open up the menu. Details:This Error only occurs for one specific user on this machine. It happens on windows 10 and...
  3. Windows Start Menu not showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start Menu not showing up.: Hello together,we have a User with a broken start menu on his laptop. Hitting the win key, or pressing it with a mouse will result to a colored icon, but not open up the menu. Details:This Error only occurs for one specific user on this machine. It happens on windows 10 and...
  4. Windows Start Menu not showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu scaling different than rest of UI.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu scaling different than rest of UI.: A few days ago my start menu seems to be scaled at what I am assuming is at 4k with no scaling to make icons larger. But everything else remains scaled (desktop icons, taskbar, notifications) Is there any way for me to correct this? submitted by /u/Z0idberg_MD [link]...
  6. Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows off new Windows 10 UI for flyout and context menu: According to various reports and leaks, Windows 10 Sun Valley upgrade is set to bring back ’rounded corners’ from the days of Windows 7 and Vista. As part of the redesign, top-level UIs will be ditching sharp corners for rounded corners, representing a change of aesthetic for...
  7. windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu: windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-is-not-coming-instead-it-is/a084a89d-cb37-44f5-b25f-330871dc724f
  8. Windows 10 start menu shows no app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu shows no app: [IMG]I don't know what's happening here but when I use my pc, it goes BSOD and says "system service exception" then, after I restart my pc, this problem happens...
  9. Start Menu Tearing | UI | Windows 10

Start Menu Tearing | UI | Windows 10: Has anybody experienced this issue? The bottom part of Start Menu displays an empty black panel. I am on Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.165. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-tearing-ui-windows-10/f797f011-2603-4071-8924-910c0007870e
  10. Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps

Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps: Hi All, I am hoping someone can help. When I click on the start button I get the settings icon, all apps, etc, but it does not list any programs. How do I restore the program list when I click on Start? Windows 10 Pro - Version 1803 (Build 17134.165) Thanks, Scott...