Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu, waht a PoS

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu, waht a PoS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Windows 10 start menu is broken. After typing in 1 character, the start menu stops accepting typeing, it's not frozen, it's more like it's locked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zer0shift, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu, waht a PoS

My Windows 10 start menu is broken. After typing in 1 character, the start menu stops accepting typeing, it's not frozen, it's more like it's locked to something specific. I can type additional characters if i repeated click back into the search bar, but I can't click on any other menu options in the start menu.

20H2, latest updates - I cannot remember after which update the issue started. It's not an issue with my keyboard or any other hardware, it's a Windows 10 issue.

Reinstalling OS in any form or fashion is not acceptable right now, I need a fix for this specific issue. I have done dism restore health and sfc scannow, and tried to revert recent updates,.

I thought it might have been the Bing integration into searches, so i've added the registry key to kill that, but the issue is still present.

Please note, I work in IT, I have already tried every single "101 simple fix" and "have you tried xyz useless generic fix" you will likely think of within 30 seconds of reading this. I need someone with experience of the issue, or with better than my Windows 10 knowledge to help me resolving this. Long term I will likely clean install anyway, but it's just not an option for me in the next few months (you don't need to know why).

submitted by /u/zer0shift
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zer0shift, Jan 13, 2021
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu, waht a PoS

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu, waht a PoS

1. Windows 10 Start Menu, waht a PoS - Similar Threads - Start Menu waht

2. i don't Understand. Waht is This ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i don't Understand. Waht is This ??: Hi guys i want some solutions for this problem. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-understand-waht-is-this/8f75166c-57c2-47bb-ad02-ac25b118d52a
  3. POS Windows Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POS Windows Microsoft: Took a break.came back to computer to re-establish where i left off.computer was left on.went to file explorer to open usb drive,usb drive will not open. computer will not shut down.computer will not respond to escape commands.computer will not allow a shut down or commands....
  4. Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu: Hi I woke up my pc from sleeping and my start menu popped up out of nowhere. How can i get this to stop? Its a desktop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/5067fa91-1076-436d-9d5d-556f3cbd6256
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: Hi, Sorry if it's in the wrong section, but how do you guys sort your start menu, mine is like this (see image). As you can see i'm not good at sorting my apps...*chuckle Don't know where to put the apps on the top right. [img] 158886
  6. Windows 10 is the biggest POS in windows history.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is the biggest POS in windows history.: Everything was going fine and dandy, until the most recent update. Now, I have issues with bluetooth, audio issues that make things sound robotic, my headset (bluetooth) half the time only connects as voice. EVERYTHING is updated and hasn't been updated after the windows...
  7. Why is Windows 10 such a pos

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows 10 such a pos: My frustrations are summed up in the point that if this OS were a game I would have tossed the game into the trash can and hurled it into a skeet flinger. This is a joke of an operating system. The updates, the company-sponsored spyware [img] , the abhorrent retardation...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0
  10. Windows Hello is such a PoS!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello is such a PoS!: I have an MS Surface Pro 4. Wouldn't one expect that Windows Hello would work on this former "MS flagship" somewhat decently? But No! I almost always have to fall back to entering my PIN. I have "improved" Hello over the last 3 years at least a few hundred times, but neither...