Windows 10: windows 10 start not working

Discus and support windows 10 start not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; windows 10 start does not work. No programs shown when click on it. Edge does not work, it opens and immediately closes.. can't use anything but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tomtuckey, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Tomtuckey Win User

windows 10 start not working

windows 10 start does not work. No programs shown when click on it.

Edge does not work, it opens and immediately closes..

can't use anything but google ?

:)

Tomtuckey, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 start not working - Similar Threads - start working

2. windows start button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows start button not working: windows 10 start button not working and notification button not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-not-working/b975f0a0-6e50-40a7-bb22-515d27f6d2f0
  3. How to disable the controller working the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the controller working the start menu: What setting or service do i need to disable to get the controller from working with teh start menu of Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-controller-working-the-start/10f641c0-9fa0-49d7-a77a-05fdcb61fd41
  4. Start Menu not working (Build 1903)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu not working (Build 1903): Couple of days ago my start menu stopped opening. This is before start menu is pressed : https://imgur.com/a/8S7NLTv After start menu is pressed/Windows button is pressed (just the start menu greys as if it has opened) : https://imgur.com/a/Ff9p6pI If I start typing after...
  5. Keyboard needs to be unplugged after sleep to start working again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard needs to be unplugged after sleep to start working again: Every time I wake my laptop up after sleeping, my USB keyboard stops working. The led on the keyboard remains lit, so I know it's still powered, but my laptop completely stops responding to the keyboard and I can't even use it to log in. I've tried messing with BIOS...
  6. Start Menu, Search bar, Internet Explorer, and Windows Defender stopped working or crashes....

in Cortana
    Start Menu, Search bar, Internet Explorer, and Windows Defender stopped working or crashes....: Hi all, Start Menu, Search bar, Internet Explorer, and Windows Defender all of a sudden stopped working. Whenever I try opening explorer, search, or defender, it would open the browser then all of a sudden crash without going into menu screen in the browser. For the start...
  7. Windows 10 start button not working and class not registered.

Windows 10 start button not working and class not registered.: After an update the windows start menu is not working (not opening at all) and I am getting an error that is class not registered. The settings are not opening same as the windows start menu....
  8. Windows 10 start button not working and class not registered.

Windows 10 start button not working and class not registered.: After an update the windows start menu is not working ( not opening at all) and the internet explorer also and i am getting error that said class not registered, the settings are also not opening same as the windows start menu...
  9. Windows 10 - Version 1903 - Start button does not work

Windows 10 - Version 1903 - Start button does not work: The Start button for the additional users on my Dell does not work since the install of 1903 in early November 2019. What needs to be done to get it operating?...
  10. Start. Search. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start. Search. Cortana not working: Windows 10 and I think it's version 1903. Nothing happens when I click on any of the three buttons listed. I can't get to my Start menu, seach or even Cortana, if I used it. I found a link online that said to run that sfc /scannow. I did that and no problems were found....