Windows 10: Windows 10 start program list - how to edit

Discus and support Windows 10 start program list - how to edit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to quite like windows in the old days, maybe at 67 it's just beyond me now. All I want to do is go into the start menu list and take the icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stewarta13wsb, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 start program list - how to edit

I used to quite like windows in the old days, maybe at 67 it's just beyond me now.
    All I want to do is go into the start menu list and take the icons of my added programs and have them show in the list without having to open a folder first.
    I'd also like to get rid of all the ones I will never use (not necessarily delete just 'hide' from the list.
    It used to be so simple... but after lots of Googling I am no further on *Sad

Be gentle, old newbie with 10 *Tongue

:)

stewarta13wsb, Dec 22, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 start program list - how to edit

Edit List

Hi Alex,

There are factors to consider should you encounter issues launching your programs in Windows 10. One of the possible reasons is an outdated device driver. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the error message you received after launching the game?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest updating your drivers to troubleshoot the issue. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 start program list - how to edit

1. Windows 10 start program list - how to edit - Similar Threads - start program list

2. Using start page in Windows 10 - navigating program list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using start page in Windows 10 - navigating program list: I have 50 - 60 programs listed alphabetically. If I want to jump to those programs that start with "R" how do I do that without scrolling. In a lot of applications you might hit the "R" key....
  3. List of Windows 10 default programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    List of Windows 10 default programs: Hello. I'm the owner of an Inspiron 15 Dell laptop running, up to this date, the latest version of windows 10. I recently did a sweep of all my systems and deleted some default programs to make room for some newer downloads. However upon closer inspection I found there was...
  4. how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts

how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts: I want to learn how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts. As an exercise and to describe the steps to take, I tried to add a program called Keepass. Here are the steps I took: 1. click start/search msconfig [ATTACH] 2. click...
  5. Windows 10 start program list - how to edit

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start program list - how to edit: I used to quite like windows in the old days, maybe at 67 it's just beyond me now. All I want to do is go into the start menu list and take the icons of my added programs and have them show in the list without having to open a folder first. I'd also like to get rid of all the...
  6. dll.js is listed in start-up program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dll.js is listed in start-up program: Hi In my computer dll.js is listed as start-up program. I don't have any clue about this program. Can anyone tell which program is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dlljs-is-listed-in-start-up-program/403cacdf-d0da-41fb-95f9-7e1f8168ff53"
  7. Language in Start menu program list

Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  8. windows 10 programs list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 programs list: hi,this is my first post to anywhere please bear with me. just upgraded to windows 10 and my computer says that no programs are installed on this computer,though everything is running fine ,thanks 46910
  9. Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list: I found a broken shortcut on my account's Start Menu program list, located all the way on the bottom. [img] Right-clicking and uninstalling doesn't do anything. I tried some of the solutions found online and most of them don't work. Is there any way for me to fix this...
  10. Programs Used List in Start Menue

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Used List in Start Menue: How do a get a program that I use quite often to get on the "Most Used Programs List". I realize that I probably have to use it more for it to appear on the list. But I want to know if I can get it there even though the program is not used as often as the others. TIA...