Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10, it isn't all about the desktop. Microsoft is making refinements to the touch-side of things too, meaning tablet and hybrid users have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode

Read more...

See also:
    Windows 10: Touch UI is evolving in a Continuum - Neowin

Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode [​IMG]

Brink, Sep 29, 2014
  2. Tony K Win User

Well, if not configurable because of "Continuum", an attached touch screen to the good 'ole tower should do the trick! *Biggrin

:)

Tony K, Sep 29, 2014
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Sep 29, 2014
  4. ATGT Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

5. I would have thought you will be able to go in and change the UI to the way you want it to work. The issue we all may have is the preview may not have all the variations installed.

Indianatone, Sep 29, 2014
  6. I do like this! I wonder how configurable it will be and if they fixed the annoying tile rearranging issue where you basically had to play Tetris to get things JUST RIGHT.

Coke Robot, Sep 29, 2014
  7. Tony K Win User
    Tetris! *Roflmao2

Yes! I hope it's like the phone!

Tony K, Sep 29, 2014
  8. Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode

Talking of Tetris, I was in our local Goodwill store. I always give it a look for music CD's and Computer Games etc on CD DVD and I got a brand new copy shrink wrapped of "The Next Tetris" Hasbro for 95 and 98. Has regular Tetris too and it works fine on 7 64 bit Windows. *Smile

Indianatone, Sep 29, 2014
  9. CountMike New Member
    Face it, there will always be somebody (maybe a wife) that will "know" exactly what is good for you.

CountMike, Sep 30, 2014
  10. Yep my wife, Cardiologist, Chronic Pain Doctor, GP Doctor, dog and cat.....
    *Roflmao2

Indianatone, Sep 30, 2014
  11. Wish I could find the original Jezzball in some 32-bit release. Then I could get rid of running a 16-bit app in a VDM
    (I know; off-topic) *Smile

Jody Thornton, Sep 30, 2014
  12. It does seem like this new feature will be configurable, it'll stop asking you if you tell it to stop asking you every time and do it automatically. And it should allow you to have a full Start Screen and mouse based UI.

Although I still don't know how I feel about them packaging a mobile touch first UI with a Desktop mouse first UI together with switches like that. What if I want to snap in my keyboard to my Surface Pro just to type on and keep the touch centric UI dominant? I hope that is something that was addressed, but not too concerned as it seems like they've hit the ballpeen hammer on every single nail.

Coke Robot, Sep 30, 2014
  13. Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode

I can't see how this can not be user configurable

Not sure how well my Laptop would work if I ripped off the keyboard and trackpad each time I wanted to use the touch screen

paulsalter, Sep 30, 2014
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    Maybe they will hide desktop option?

Looks like all my desktop backgrounds will be useless.

Trust_No1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode - Similar Threads - Start Screen ones

2. Start full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start full screen mode: Hi everyone, In win 10, ver 20h32, in the mode of "Start full screen", I want to set the app list as default for every time open start menu, what should i do? Please help. Thank you. In default, the 'Pinned app list' is shown in DEFAULT, but I want to change it to full...
  3. start screen two users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    start screen two users: how do I set the start screen to have two users with or without log ins? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-screen-two-users/e2c145f2-0595-48c4-9983-c70f44bf8d7e"
  4. Screenshot functionality seems to fail when one of two screens is in HDR mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshot functionality seems to fail when one of two screens is in HDR mode: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Geforce 1050 Ti driver 418.91 I have one screen in 1920x1080@144Hz (ASUS VG248QE) and a second screen in 3840x2160@60Hz (BenQ PD2700U, 4K). HDR is enabled on the 4K screen. Problem statement: When...
  5. Two windows 10 systems on two drives (one ssd one hdd)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two windows 10 systems on two drives (one ssd one hdd): I can see that this was discussed before but I don't get it. I've tried it for the last 14hours and now it's time to go to bed. I just hope I find a solution when I wake up again :) It's an HP Pavilion 590 p0512ng with a 256MB SSD (M2.0) I've also installed a 1TB Toshiba...
  6. Continuum on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Continuum on Windows 10: As we continue the countdown to our Windows 10 launch, we’re excited to talk about Continuum. Windows 10 combines the best of Windows 7 with the best of Windows 8 and Continuum is a great example of that; with Continuum you can use a keyboard and mouse when you choose, or you...
  7. Optimizing apps for Continuum for phone

in Windows 10 News
    Optimizing apps for Continuum for phone: With Windows 10, you have the productivity of a PC in your pocket. Continuum for phone enables you to connect a Windows mobile device to any external display with the new Microsoft Display Dock, USB-C, or Miracast. Once connected, you can interact with Windows 10 apps on that...
  8. Start Menu: One of two menus is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu: One of two menus is missing: On the bottom left of the Taskbar, there are two icons: one gives me the task view and is NOT a problem. I am very new to W10 so I'm not sure how the window icon is supposed to work. If I right click, I get a menu and I understand that. However, if I left click, nothing...
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts in Continuum for Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Keyboard Shortcuts in Continuum for Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: Keyboard Shortcuts in Continuum for Windows 10 Mobile Phones List of Keyboard Shortcuts in Continuum for Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Continuum for Phones is a new experience on compatible Windows 10 Mobile devices . With Continuum-compatible...
  10. Windows 10 Redstone: Continuum to be big focal point

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone: Continuum to be big focal point: Windows 10 “Threshold 2” is almost ready. With final tests hopefully beginning next week (I’m told it won’t be launching November 2nd now, more on that here), Microsoft has begun focusing on its next planned update for Windows 10, codenamed Redstone and coming in the summer...