Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Screen not responding and 100% disk usage

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Screen not responding and 100% disk usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. Recently, my laptop crashed and when I restarted it, it gets stuck on the start screen after logging in. The taskbar and main screen icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WizardingPot, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Start Screen not responding and 100% disk usage

Hi all.

Recently, my laptop crashed and when I restarted it, it gets stuck on the start screen after logging in. The taskbar and main screen icons will not appear and I am unable to do anything but pull up task manager where I see 100% disk usage. Furthermore, the start screen repeatedly stops responding if I click on the screen, which causes it to freeze and unfreeze.

So far, I have tried numerous solutions such as ending tasks in the task manager, safe mode, command console, and even factory reset and system restore.

In task manager, ending tasks appear to do nothing and they continue to persist on the list.

Safe mode also appears to not work as well as the start screen continues to be unresponsive.

I have tried some command console directions, but I’m not sure if they are the right ones.

Interestingly, in both system restore and factory reset, the outcome is similar with something along the lines of the PC is unable to reset and no changes have been made.

At this point, I feel that this isn’t a very common problem and I’m open to suggestions on what I can do.

Thanks in advance!

:)

WizardingPot, Jun 11, 2019
  2. JaydonNG Win User

<windows 10> start no function and disk usage 100%

<windows 10> start no function and disk usage 100%

After installed windows 10 ,

1. start button no work (no respond)

2. action center no work (no respond)

3. disk usage 100% already disable superfetch and windows search

4. backup and restore no work

processor:intel core i3-2350m cpu 2.30GHz

RAM: 8.00GB

System: 64 bit OS x64- based processor

JaydonNG, Jun 11, 2019
  3. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Start Screen not responding and 100% disk usage

PavolBugos, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Screen not responding and 100% disk usage

1. Windows 10 Start Screen not responding and 100% disk usage - Similar Threads - Start Screen responding

2. Disk usage started to reach 100% suddenly on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage started to reach 100% suddenly on windows 10: Got a 2015 laptop which I haven't used for about 2 months, encountered a problem that when running any application or even just opening a widows search the disk usage reaches 100% in task manager and there are severe freezes. The laptop itself is not fast, but before it had...
  3. Disk usage started to reach 100% suddenly on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage started to reach 100% suddenly on windows 10: Got a 2015 laptop which I haven't used for about 2 months, encountered a problem that when running any application or even just opening a widows search the disk usage reaches 100% in task manager and there are severe freezes. The laptop itself is not fast, but before it had...
  4. Windows 10 100 % disk usage

Windows 10 100 % disk usage: New to Windows , so please excuse me if this has been covered in the past. How do i correct the 100 % disk usage that has my computer by the throat ... Its causing major slowdowns. I have - Windows updates ON and current. I am only running 1 app on this computer...
  5. 100% disk usage on Windows 10

100% disk usage on Windows 10: Hi Microsoft Comunity,all, I have struggled with this 100% disk usage issue for more than 2 years or more from updating my Windows 7 to Win10 in fact. I'vre tried diffrent solutions but the effect is always short and then things goes very bad again. Most of the time the most...
  6. Windows 10 100% Disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 100% Disk usage: Hiya, I had the same problem 2 months ago and I couldn't find a solution. I end up re-install windows and all the programs on my PC. After an update the windows will use 100% of my disk. On task manager will not show which task is using the HD so it must be a system task. I...
  7. Windows 10 100% Disk usage..

Windows 10 100% Disk usage..: Hello all, First of all I apologize for my english I am not good enough. So my problem is that my computer is really slow for no reason. On the Task Manager the disk usage is on 100% and when its on 0% and I open any program it turns one more time to 100... I've already...
  8. 100% disk usage, windows 10

100% disk usage, windows 10: I have bought a new laptop last week and its disk usage is 100%. I am using Intel 15 8th Gen and 4GB RAM with Windows 10. Any update from Microsoft? What should I do? My new laptop is not working as per expectation....
  9. Windows 10 100% disk usage

Windows 10 100% disk usage: So the laptop updated (1607) and surprise surprise it's been sluggish since. [img] I think I may move over to Linux, this is beyond a joke. 66642
  10. 100% Disk Usage On Windows Start-Up

100% Disk Usage On Windows Start-Up: Hello TenForums, I'm currently having a problem with my Windows 10. Whenever it boots up and goes to the User Login (The Wallpaper for that sometimes takes around 5-6 minutes to actually respond) Which means when I press 'Enter' before those minutes are up; I am stuck...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WIndows 10 100% disk