Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a very weird issue with my Windows 10 Start Menu. Instead of having the normal start menu, It is showing collapsed Icons and then all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Start Screen

I am having a very weird issue with my Windows 10 Start Menu. Instead of having the normal start menu, It is showing collapsed Icons and then all my programs. I am not looking to have a list of all my programs unless I click on all programs.

I have checked all my settings and I cannot put my screen back to the default start Menu when you do the install. I attached the screenshots. I am on the new insider build.

Thanks For You Help in advance.

:)

trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016

2. windows 10 is a huge step backwards

clicking on tablet icon to activate the windows 10 version of the start screen is nothing like the Windows 8 Start screen not even comparable

Brucifer1337, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jun 13, 2016
  4. JBGoode Win User

Windows 10 Start Screen

That looks like the new start menu for the anniversary update. I guess you better get used to it because it's here to stay pretty soon.

JBGoode, Jun 13, 2016
  5. If that is the main start screen they just made everything worse. ugghhhh!!!Clearly they are out of touch with consumers. I guess I am going to have to head over to the forums and express my displeasure about this.

trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Start10 or Classic Shell might resolve it for you.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Screen

1. Windows 10 Start Screen - Similar Threads - Start Screen

2. My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar. Sometimes after not so short time the screen comes back to normal with Start Menu in view, but most likely I have to close the Start Menu or escape searchbar to get my screen back. It's like that...
  3. My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar. Sometimes after not so short time the screen comes back to normal with Start Menu in view, but most likely I have to close the Start Menu or escape searchbar to get my screen back. It's like that...
  4. My screen goes black when I press the Windows button, Start Menu or search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why did an icon showing battery mode start appearing on the left corner of my screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did an icon showing battery mode start appearing on the left corner of my screen...: Why did an icon showing battery mode start appearing on the left corner of my computer blocking other items that I need to be able to see. How can I remove it?...
  6. Why did an icon showing battery mode start appearing on the left corner of my screen...

Why did an icon showing battery mode start appearing on the left corner of my screen...: Why did an icon showing battery mode start appearing on the left corner of my computer blocking other items that I need to be able to see. How can I remove it?...
  7. Why did an icon showing battery mode start appearing on the left corner of my screen...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?: LAPTOP SPECIES:dell E5440 i5-4400 with NVIDIA GEFORCE 720M WINDOW 10 21H2.Everything was working fine till some month when I start my computer the monitor won't on but led and everything are fine.I would have to switch the laptop on several times or even drop it for some days...
  9. Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?: LAPTOP SPECIES:dell E5440 i5-4400 with NVIDIA GEFORCE 720M WINDOW 10 21H2.Everything was working fine till some month when I start my computer the monitor won't on but led and everything are fine.I would have to switch the laptop on several times or even drop it for some days...
  10. Why does my laptops screen won't on on start up?