Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a very weird issue with my Windows 10 Start Menu. Instead of having the normal start menu, It is showing collapsed Icons and then all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Start Screen

I am having a very weird issue with my Windows 10 Start Menu. Instead of having the normal start menu, It is showing collapsed Icons and then all my programs. I am not looking to have a list of all my programs unless I click on all programs.

I have checked all my settings and I cannot put my screen back to the default start Menu when you do the install. I attached the screenshots. I am on the new insider build.

Thanks For You Help in advance.

:)

trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016

2. windows 10 is a huge step backwards

clicking on tablet icon to activate the windows 10 version of the start screen is nothing like the Windows 8 Start screen not even comparable

Brucifer1337, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jun 13, 2016
  4. JBGoode Win User

Windows 10 Start Screen

That looks like the new start menu for the anniversary update. I guess you better get used to it because it's here to stay pretty soon.

JBGoode, Jun 13, 2016
  5. If that is the main start screen they just made everything worse. ugghhhh!!!Clearly they are out of touch with consumers. I guess I am going to have to head over to the forums and express my displeasure about this.

trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Start10 or Classic Shell might resolve it for you.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Screen

1. Windows 10 Start Screen - Similar Threads - Start Screen

2. My start menu full screen's tiles are massive and I don't know what to do.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My start menu full screen's tiles are massive and I don't know what to do.: Hi, for the past hour I've been searching up answers to this but none of them had anything to do with this. I don't know what to do with it but it's very annoying. Please help.[IMG]...
  3. windows start screen glitch

windows start screen glitch: so randomly i clicked the start screen one day then this happened. can someone pls tell me how to fix this.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-screen-glitch/bc565581-03c2-43f0-93db-c335c82e8d39
  4. Why does my full screen Start Menu have this grey tint?

Why does my full screen Start Menu have this grey tint?: I'm not sure if this was released with an update or not but it's terrible. Does anyone know the fix? I like to see my desktop instead of seeing it with some cloudy effect thing over it.[ATTACH]...
  5. Windows not starting up properly and flickering screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not starting up properly and flickering screen: Hi, so recently I was watching netflix when all of a sudden my entire pc somewhat just went into sleep mode and wouldnt leave sleep mode so I shut it off. Upon restarting, it took an unusually long time to restart my pc and when it finally restarted, the entire screen was...
  6. Disable gray hint in start screen

Disable gray hint in start screen: Hello, I was wondering if it were possible to disable the gray haze that the start screen has so my tiles look like they're directly on the wallpaper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-gray-hint-in-start-screen/81624f7a-d2de-4820-b0f1-0006141002b2
  7. Monitor goes to no signal on regular intervals, start screen always up, settings has no...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor goes to no signal on regular intervals, start screen always up, settings has no...: This morning I went to work on my computer which was working fine yesterday and I found some things were different. I am running the latest windows on an intel i5 core hp Pavilion from 2018. I also have an external monitor Gateway LE1936 from 2007. I have a HDMI->VGA...
  8. windows laptop shows starting automatic repair for one second and shows only black screen....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows laptop shows starting automatic repair for one second and shows only black screen....: hi i am Mathews Joby and i recently tried disk cleanup on my laptop and accidently the power went off and it powered off. and since then, it won't turn on. i click on the power button and it shows the Samsung logo and tells starting automatic repair for 1 or 3 seconds and...
  9. Draw function in powerpoint causes screen to go black and freeze. Started 2 days ago. why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Draw function in powerpoint causes screen to go black and freeze. Started 2 days ago. why?: About two days ago I did a big windows update. Since then when I use powerpoint draw function my screen will start to flicker and if I continue it will go entirely black and freeze. The only recovery from this point is to power off and power back on. Anything I was working...
  10. My pc screen started distoring horizontally it just started doing that out of nowhere....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc screen started distoring horizontally it just started doing that out of nowhere....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SupSnoopy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsxl3w/my_pc_screen_started_distoring_horizontally_it/