Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a very weird issue with my Windows 10 Start Menu. Instead of having the normal start menu, It is showing collapsed Icons and then all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Start Screen

I am having a very weird issue with my Windows 10 Start Menu. Instead of having the normal start menu, It is showing collapsed Icons and then all my programs. I am not looking to have a list of all my programs unless I click on all programs.

I have checked all my settings and I cannot put my screen back to the default start Menu when you do the install. I attached the screenshots. I am on the new insider build.

Thanks For You Help in advance.

:)

trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016

2. windows 10 is a huge step backwards

clicking on tablet icon to activate the windows 10 version of the start screen is nothing like the Windows 8 Start screen not even comparable

Brucifer1337, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jun 13, 2016
  4. JBGoode Win User

Windows 10 Start Screen

That looks like the new start menu for the anniversary update. I guess you better get used to it because it's here to stay pretty soon.

JBGoode, Jun 13, 2016
  5. If that is the main start screen they just made everything worse. ugghhhh!!!Clearly they are out of touch with consumers. I guess I am going to have to head over to the forums and express my displeasure about this.

trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Start10 or Classic Shell might resolve it for you.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Screen

1. Windows 10 Start Screen - Similar Threads - Start Screen

2. After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering: I'm currently in a Windows Insider Preview using an ASUS TUF Gaming A17 FA706II/FX706II. Now, the laptop's monitor is now flickering. Despite contacting customer support and doing the troubleshooting steps, none have worked; screen is still flickering. According to the agent,...
  3. After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering: I'm currently in a Windows Insider Preview using an ASUS TUF Gaming A17 FA706II/FX706II. Now, the laptop's monitor is now flickering. Despite contacting customer support and doing the troubleshooting steps, none have worked; screen is still flickering. According to the agent,...
  4. Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating: Dear Microsoft Community,I recently encountered a Blue Screen of Death BSOD issue for the first time on my pc in Windows 11 system, and I'm seeking assistance to understand and resolve the problem. The incident occurred shortly after I received a notification for a cumulative...
  5. Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating

Blue Screen Of Death when windows 11 start updating: Dear Microsoft Community,I recently encountered a Blue Screen of Death BSOD issue for the first time on my pc in Windows 11 system, and I'm seeking assistance to understand and resolve the problem. The incident occurred shortly after I received a notification for a cumulative...
  6. When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.: When I open a program it always starts minimized or in small mode, I want them to always open in maximized screen, I don't know how to solve it....
  7. When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.

When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.: When I open a program it always starts minimized or in small mode, I want them to always open in maximized screen, I don't know how to solve it....
  8. PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen: Please, can anyone help me??I can't seem to find the cause of this issue.I have completely uninstalled my gpu drivers using DDU and using the basic one from the device manager. The PC will still randomly shut down and restart to the desktop!. The PC has no overheating...
  9. PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen

PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen: Please, can anyone help me??I can't seem to find the cause of this issue.I have completely uninstalled my gpu drivers using DDU and using the basic one from the device manager. The PC will still randomly shut down and restart to the desktop!. The PC has no overheating...
  10. 'Manage Storage' alert on start up / lock screen

'Manage Storage' alert on start up / lock screen: I'm a new Windows user and on my recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Book 4 360, I keep getting a 'manage storage' alert on my lock / startup screen even though I have plenty of storage both on the computer and on iCloud. How do I get rid of this notification?...