Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a very weird issue with my Windows 10 Start Menu. Instead of having the normal start menu, It is showing collapsed Icons and then all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Start Screen

I am having a very weird issue with my Windows 10 Start Menu. Instead of having the normal start menu, It is showing collapsed Icons and then all my programs. I am not looking to have a list of all my programs unless I click on all programs.

I have checked all my settings and I cannot put my screen back to the default start Menu when you do the install. I attached the screenshots. I am on the new insider build.

Thanks For You Help in advance.

:)

trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016

2. windows 10 is a huge step backwards

clicking on tablet icon to activate the windows 10 version of the start screen is nothing like the Windows 8 Start screen not even comparable

Brucifer1337, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jun 13, 2016
  4. JBGoode Win User

Windows 10 Start Screen

That looks like the new start menu for the anniversary update. I guess you better get used to it because it's here to stay pretty soon.

JBGoode, Jun 13, 2016
  5. If that is the main start screen they just made everything worse. ugghhhh!!!Clearly they are out of touch with consumers. I guess I am going to have to head over to the forums and express my displeasure about this.

trandraskell, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Start10 or Classic Shell might resolve it for you.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Screen

1. Windows 10 Start Screen - Similar Threads - Start Screen

2. Is there a way to make full screen start menu be zoomed in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make full screen start menu be zoomed in?: Basically what i want is my whole system to be in 100% UI zoom except full screen Start Menu, which would use 150% UI zoom setting. Or any other solution that would achieve the same look (everything being bigger in start) submitted by /u/mukintaras [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows just did an automatic update and now the entire start screen has changed and none...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows just did an automatic update and now the entire start screen has changed and none...: I just recently had an automatic Windows update take place and afterwards it completely wiped out my Start screen with the old user profile! None of my programs are available and it is extremely frustrating! I followed some of the suggestions about looking in the registry...
  4. Windows 10 is not starting, black screen after Samsung logo appears

Windows 10 is not starting, black screen after Samsung logo appears: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop. It is a Samsung model with Windows 10. I am not able to start the computer in any way possibile. I am not able to access Recovery Mode, or the Advanced Startup Options, and I cannot even start the process via Safe Mode. I tried to...
  5. Start up error that leads to blue screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up error that leads to blue screen: I was playing rust when all of a sudden my pc crashed and i was shown an orange crash page instead of blue and this was the atop code DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS and this is what failed RzDev_0C00.sys and ive tried wiping my pc but when i try it...
  6. Start Screen out of focus

Start Screen out of focus: Last Windows 10 update caused my Start Screen to be out of focus. Is there a fix for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-screen-out-of-focus/9e5459ca-c6a3-4162-9b4a-a71670842c95
  7. No matter what I do, I return to this screen. (pc wasn't started correctly). What should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No matter what I do, I return to this screen. (pc wasn't started correctly). What should I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dominik10101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/foq3fe/no_matter_what_i_do_i_return_to_this_screen_pc/
  8. Start Up Screen Background Now Plain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Up Screen Background Now Plain: For some reason, I have lost any image on my Start screen. It is solid black or white depending on settings in the Personalization > Color menu. It has happened across platforms. I am running windows 10 and just updated the operating system. Any ideas???[IMG]...
  9. problem solving screen not coming on at start up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    problem solving screen not coming on at start up: didnt know where to put this as im not sure of the problem ive just upgraded a few pc parts and was hoping the problem might just go away, it didnt not suprisingly probably as i didnt upgrade the gpu or the monitor, whenever i start the pc up after its been turned for a...
  10. problem solving screen not coming on at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    problem solving screen not coming on at start up: didnt know where to put this as im not sure of the problem ive just upgraded a few pc parts and was hoping the problem might just go away, it didnt not suprisingly probably as i didnt upgrade the gpu or the monitor, whenever i start the pc up after its been turned for a...