Windows 10: Windows 10 start search does not work for users except administrator

Discus and support Windows 10 start search does not work for users except administrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am new here and it is my first post. Please correct me if I do something wrong. Here is my problem: After installing Windows 10 Pro (version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yuppiedad, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Yuppiedad Win User

Windows 10 start search does not work for users except administrator

Hi,

I am new here and it is my first post. Please correct me if I do something wrong.

Here is my problem:

After installing Windows 10 Pro (version 2004) with reference image, Windows started up with with administrator auto login. Everything is fine.

When I try to use pre-created account "admin", Start Layout is exactly what I want. But start search does not work. It is same for other two pre-created accounts.

It is strange that only administrator is ok but other accounts fail.

Any idea how to fix it?

I created reference image with answer file. What I did are:

1. Enabled administrator and added three more local accounts (two under administrators group and one under guests).
    2. Set Start Layout
    3. Added oemlogo

Thanks,

Waichung

:)

Yuppiedad, Jul 12, 2020
  2. WRD313 Win User

Start menu search for "snipping tool" works for Administrator user, but no result for standard user on same Windows 10 machine

I use a standard user account on Windows 10 Pro (with bitlocker on the SSD if that matters) .

I can see the "Snipping Tool" in the Start Menu under Windows Accessories and run it fine by selecting. But if instead I just type in "Snipping Tool" in the Start Menu search bar - this does not find the program in the results (it always then goes to search
    web).

However if I switch to an administrator user on same machine - then Start Menu search for text "Snipping Tool" - it does find the program at the top of the search results (without going to search web).

I tried running trouble shooter and I think I also rebuilt index (as Administrator - but not sure if it did anything) - but no change in behaviour.

It's just that different types of users seem to get different search results from Start Menu (or does each user have their own index). Any suggestions as to what I can try to get Search working better for standard users?

WRD313, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 12, 2020
  4. 3bob Win User

Windows 10 start and search are not working

Start button does not work, as well as search bar in Windows 10. There are a lot of questions on this forum regarding this issue, and to date I haven't seen any success, apart from a video suggesting to reset the pc. Last resort (does it even work?).

I have tried sfc/scannow which showed no integrity violations.

Another suggestion that I have read here is to create another 'user' account. IF successful, will this create another step that I have to take to operate the computer each time that I reboot?

Has anyone had success with this step?

Thanks for your time

Chris

Thema:

1. Windows 10 start search does not work for users except administrator - Similar Threads - start search does

2. Start button does not work Type here to search does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button does not work Type here to search does not work: I can not use the 'type here to search; and start Nothing comes up' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-does-not-work-type-here-to-search/e5eb77aa-157a-49f1-ac51-a76d16b5d71f
  3. Start button does not work Type here to search does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button does not work Type here to search does not work: I can not use the 'type here to search; and start Nothing comes up' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-does-not-work-type-here-to-search/e5eb77aa-157a-49f1-ac51-a76d16b5d71f
  4. Start button does not work Type here to search does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 start search does not work for users except administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 start search does not work for users except administrator: Hi, I am new here and it is my first post. Please correct me if I do something wrong. Here is my problem: After installing Windows 10 Pro (version 2004) with reference image, Windows started up with with administrator auto login. Everything is fine. When I try to use...
  6. My start and search button in windows 10 does not working properly.

in Cortana
    My start and search button in windows 10 does not working properly.: When I right click on windows button anything doesn't open. And when I search for anything in the search box such as control panel , disk cleanup anything doesn't open....
  7. Start and Search Not Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start and Search Not Working on Windows 10: As of this evening, both the Start menu and the Search box on the Win 10 taskbar on my computer have stopped working: When I click the Start icon, the mouse pointer turns into a circle for a fraction of a second, then returns to an arrow, but nothing else seems to happen....
  8. Start Menu search does not work

Start Menu search does not work: Hello, After one of more recent Windows 10 updates my Start Menu search has stopped working. When I search for anything it does not display any results. The rest of Start Menu seems to be working fine - although it's very hard to find things manually. How can I fix this? My...
  9. Windows 10 start and search are not working

Windows 10 start and search are not working: My "start" and "search" options present on task bar not working : they are responding when I tap on the icon. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-and-search-are-not-working/2093fe8a-2a5c-4b51-80d9-565d99328822
  10. Windows search does not start

in Cortana
    Windows search does not start: My windows search box does not start when computer opens. I must go to task manager and restart it from there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-does-not-start/092f59eb-d8a9-4da9-9639-d3489e7c6627"