Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Search issues - characters deleted while typing

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Search issues - characters deleted while typing in Cortana to solve the problem; Multiple users in our organization are having issues with the start menu search bar. When typing a search phrase, characters will often be deleted... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by poit57, May 6, 2022.

1. poit57 Win User

Windows 10 Start Search issues - characters deleted while typing

Multiple users in our organization are having issues with the start menu search bar. When typing a search phrase, characters will often be deleted while typing or reappear after backspacing to correct a skipped letter.It's a little difficult to describe without witnessing the behavior first-hand, but here is an example of what it might look like when a user searches for "startup apps." displayed characters versus keyed characterss sst ststa stast stastr starstrt startstr startstru startustrup startupIf the user is watching the screen and notices the characters being deleted, it may require

:)

poit57, May 6, 2022

2. search windows box next to start only allows 2 or 3 characters to be typed

Hi,

To isolate your concern regarding search box, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any results even you can only type 2-3 characters?
    • Is the Search suggestions working?
    • What happen when you exceeded 3 characters?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, May 6, 2022
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, May 6, 2022
  4. Arnie Est Win User

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    4. Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    5. Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, May 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Start Search issues - characters deleted while typing - Similar Threads - Start Search issues

2. File explorer search characters deleted while typing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer search characters deleted while typing in windows 11: Hi Team, When I want to search my file in File Explorer I notice some of the characters are deleted. It only happens in the search File Explorer only....
  3. File explorer search characters deleted while typing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer search characters deleted while typing in windows 11: Hi Team, When I want to search my file in File Explorer I notice some of the characters are deleted. It only happens in the search File Explorer only....
  4. Windows Server 10 on Citrix: typing a composed character deletes the preceeding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 10 on Citrix: typing a composed character deletes the preceeding: HelloI am using Windows Server 10 via Citrix Workspace on a Mac M1.When I type in Edge, the following weird behavior happens:I try to type "così" italian. But as soon as I compose the character ì using the accent and the letter, the character "s" is being deleted as if I...
  5. Windows Server 10 on Citrix: typing a composed character deletes the preceeding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 10 on Citrix: typing a composed character deletes the preceeding: HelloI am using Windows Server 10 via Citrix Workspace on a Mac M1.When I type in Edge, the following weird behavior happens:I try to type "così" italian. But as soon as I compose the character ì using the accent and the letter, the character "s" is being deleted as if I...
  6. Issue with "Type here to search" in windows start search engine

in Cortana
    Issue with "Type here to search" in windows start search engine: Hello,My search engine in the bottom left next to the windows start logo, is not letting me type anything. This problem also seems to be occurring for the search engine in my computers documents "Quick Access". I've tried troubleshooting the problem under administrator under...
  7. '/' character shows up while I type.

in Windows 10 Customization
    '/' character shows up while I type.: The character '/' keeps on appearing while I type. I am not able to type anything properly now. This problem started just 2 days back.I will write a text that comes when I type:Th/e ch/arcter keeps on appearing/ disturbing/ th/e normal sentences....
  8. start typing to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    start typing to search: hi Microsoft: I like to know that I do not have start typing to search on my start menu in Windows 10 2004 as in here, https://i3g4v6w8.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/start-typing-search-windows-10-20h1.jpg. Where can I get that on mine?...
  9. Typing characters issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing characters issue: Why does my laptop keyboard type different characters than what is intended? It only does it occasionally like tpis. <---example: p for h Rigpt now I'm using Cprome. I go to MS Edge and it is fine. I go to MS Excel, Word, it is normal. I pave to close everytping and...
  10. Search Popup Dissapears After Typing Two Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Popup Dissapears After Typing Two Characters: I'm on Windows 10. It's all up to date. When I click in the 'Type here to search' field, I can only type two characters before the search window disappears. This is a fresh windows install and I don't know what is causing the problem. How can I start narrowing down what is...