Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]After installing the latest Cumulative Update on my Windows 10 PC today, I found that my Windows 10 Start Search was not displaying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 5, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white

WinClub, May 5, 2019

2. Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

Hi all,

when i push the win button and type to search for an app or anything i get this result.

i have restarted explorer.exe and completed these steps here: Cortana not finding Desktop apps when searching for them - Microsoft Community

but still nothing,

thanks

Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white [​IMG]

j39dofFkjsd, May 5, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

Thank you for your reply.

Please confirm you've already tried reinstalling Cortana.

In the post I quoted you will find the idea of creating a new user account for test purposes.
    Please do that and compare the outcome.
    This discriminates Windows issues from those particular to a user profile.

More ideas here:
    Fix Search Not Working or Returns Blank in Windows 10 - Tech Journey

Try the search troubleshooter: search Settings for search, More results, probably the bottom result

Another case where 'it just fixed itself'
    Search in Win 10 not working, blank - Microsoft Community

An approach here:
    Cortana not working, search just showing empty white box. - Microsoft Community

dalchina, May 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white

Sysprep Windows 10 Start Menu search is blank

Hello everyone,

I was following the Tenforums.com Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep guide, which I found to be an amazing guide.

My goal is to have a Windows 10 Pro x64 sysprep image from the Hyper-V VM, exactly as in the guide.

Anyways I had everything going smooth - I was about to Generalize the image and realized the Start Menu stopped returning results, instead just showing a blank search.

After some frustration and reluctance I went back to the checkpoint at the very beginning (as indicated in the guide). The Start Menu still showed up blank.

Reinstalled the VM in Hyper-V using different names and different VHD files but all resulted in the same error.

Created the VM in VMware Workstation 12 and and started the Sysprep process with Windows 10 in VMware. The Start Menu is still blank.

Uninstalled Hyper-V and reinstalled Hyper-V but that didn't help.

I've done the basic troubleshooting steps too:

• Reboot system (Host and Guest systems multiple times)
    • Verified service Windows Search is running (I restarted the service as well)
    • Rebuilt Index
    • Restarted Cortana and Windows Explorer
    • Re-registered Cortana

I've tried Googling my heart out to no avail. Couldn't even find an image with a similar problem. I've attached a snippet of the issue below.

Note: This is only in Audit Mode. When I let the Windows install complete, the Start Menu works again. I'll try completing the imaging process and load the Sysprep image and see if the Start Menu functionality comes back unless someone has a better idea or similar experience?

Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white [​IMG]

SeattleITguy, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white

1. Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white - Similar Threads - Start Search displaying

2. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results: Certain programs on seem to have broken search results. There are many examples on my PC but I will use GIMP to explain the issue. As seen below the ""best match"" provides me with a broken result. I cannot open this item, Right click this item, or interact with it in any...
  3. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Cortana
    search results showing blank program and white papaw icon: Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank program icon and some show a white paper icon with the corner folded? Anyone know the issue? I have tried changing the indexing...
  4. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search results showing blank program and white papaw icon: Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank program icon and some show a white paper icon with the corner folded? Anyone know the issue? I have tried changing the indexing...
  5. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Start Menu not showing search results for documents

in Cortana
    Start Menu not showing search results for documents: Whenever I search for a document using the Start Menu, there are no search results. Apps show up fine. If I actually go into Explorer and search in a storage device's directory, it will show. But just never in the Start Menu. It's really irritating. Why is this? I rebuilt...
  7. My cortana search shows blank results

in Cortana
    My cortana search shows blank results: Today I noticed my cortana search looks completely different. When I go to type in my search box, I get blank results, no matter what I type. I have verified that Windows has indexed nearly 50,000 items for windows search. How can i fix this? My first picture shows what...
  8. Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange white Blank Search result (start menu): Strange white Blank Search result (start menu) Hi all, when i push the win button and type to search for an app or anything i get this result. i have restarted explorer.exe and completed these steps here: Cortana not finding Desktop apps when searching for them -...
  9. Cortana Search is white and blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Search is white and blank: Hello all, New Asus computer, windows 10 - 64 bit. When I type something in the Cortana search, the pop-up comes up blank and white. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks for your help. 78852
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results: When I go to search something like "photoshop" Adobe Photoshop CC should pop up. But I only get results from searching on Bing and not from searching the computer locally. 17229

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4541335 bottom bar blank