Windows 10: Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.

Discus and support Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran SFC and found errors that could not be fixed. here is one log entry: CSI 00000088 Warning: Overlap: Directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by K.C.Hershey, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.

I ran SFC and found errors that could not be fixed. here is one log entry:

CSI 00000088 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\en-US\ is owned twice or has its security set twice..

Any help?

:)

K.C.Hershey, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 Random Crashes

Hi Lazarus,

There are various reasons why you're experiencing random crashes on your computer. For us to better assist you on your concern, kindly answer these questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Does the issue only occur when you're performing a specific task?
    • How did you re-install your Windows 10?
    • Aside from re-installing Windows 10, what are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

If possible, kindly send us a picture of the issue for us to further investigate your concern.

Argel Obm, Mar 15, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 15, 2020
  4. vinsterX Win User

Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.

1. Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes. - Similar Threads - Start random crashes

2. Windows Crash On Start Up(Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Crash On Start Up(Windows 10): My sister built herself a desktop and forgive me Im not very tech savvy. But every time she turns on her newly built computer after installing windows 10 with a flash drive it crashes on start up. It will continuously do this unless I shut off the computer. Should I try and...
  3. Issue with windows freezing up and crashing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with windows freezing up and crashing randomly: Hello, my computer randomly freezes and sometimes shuts down/restarts altogether. This morning my computer restarted on its own and WhoCrashed said this: On Thu 2/25/2021 2:54:20 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  4. Windows 10 Settings crash upon start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings crash upon start up: I can't seem to open my settings app on my Windows 10. When I click "Settings" it only gets stuck on the loading screen see pic below, stays there for a few minutes, then crashes. I've tried making another user then opening Settings there, doesn't work. I've tried WSUS...
  5. PC Crashing on start up & somtimes randomly BSOD

PC Crashing on start up & somtimes randomly BSOD: Hi, Just wondered if anyone ould help me? My PC keeps crashing mainly on startup, once up and running it is generally fine. I ran WhoCrashed and got the following: On Sun 07/02/2021 07:37:34 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  6. Random "program" in start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random "program" in start up: I was just trying to shut off something from my startup and I saw this [ATTACH] I cant open file location, or check properties. My friend said that it was just because I had a program in startup that I uninstalled but I doubt it. Responses would be appretiated....
  7. Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing: My windows 10 keeps freezing when I go to log into my account or just when it turns on, the screen freezes then the computer crashes. Sometimes I'll be able to log in but it'll do the same thing after a few minutes submitted by /u/mustardmanpinsyoudow [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps freezing on start-up then crashing: My windows 10 keeps freezing when I go to log into my account or just when it turns on, the screen freezes then the computer crashes. Sometimes I'll be able to log in but it'll do the same thing after a few minutes submitted by /u/mustardmanpinsyoudow [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Randomly freezes on start up

Windows 10 Randomly freezes on start up: So I've ran into a problem recently where windows 10 will randomly freeze on start up and I am unable for the life of me find the cause. It will happen shortly after my mobo hands everything off to windows which it gives the boot code A0 which should mean everything completed...
  10. Windows Store Crash On Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Crash On Start Up: So its been some weeks maybe my store application wont launch, when I open it, it shows the splash screen then suddenly closed itself without any error code or something. I've tried to clear LocalCache folder, Powershell command didn't solve my problem, even wsreset.exe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cbs log directory \??\Program files (x86) is owned twice