Windows 10: Windows 10 Start up failure

Discus and support Windows 10 Start up failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot start up my laptop without getting stuck. It goes to "Prospering Automatic Repair" to "Diagnosing Your PC" then into a blue screen titled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jack1357, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Jack1357 Win User

Windows 10 Start up failure

I cannot start up my laptop without getting stuck. It goes to "Prospering Automatic Repair" to "Diagnosing Your PC" then into a blue screen titled "Automatic repair". I have tried restarting and it's always back to the same spot. So I click the other option "Advanced Options". Going down the list... I have tried the "Continue - Exit and continue to Windows recovery environment" button and it brings me back to the same spot in the beginning. I tried the option "Use another operating system - continue with another installed version of Windows" That leads to two options "Windows recovery" and "Windows 10" both lead back to the beginning of this problem. So i continue to "troubleshoot" where i select "keep my files - removes apps and settings, but keeps your personal files". This fails and reboots. I have not tried the option to "remove Everything". So I back out to troubleshoot. I have not tried "Factory image Restore". I have moved on to "advanced options". "Start up repair" reboots me back to the beginning. Selecting the "uninstall updates" gives me two options that both fail. The option for "System restore" cannot find a restore point. I have used the command prompt to set the computer to start in safe mode but it still comes back to the same beginning.

I need directions to download a copy of Windows 10 to a flash drive to plug into my laptop to load over and replace my current copy of Windows 10, without losing my files, from the command prompt. I cannot access any Windows GUI. Im not too familiar with cmd. This would be a lot easier if i had another computer to work with or even a way to access the GUI.

:)

Jack1357, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Start up failure - Similar Threads - Start failure

2. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  3. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  4. Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures: Started getting black screens the past two weeks during gaming / multitasking and when just watching YouTube. Sometimes audio runs fine in the background and I still have control of pause/play. Sometimes audio just loops.I recently upgraded nVidia drivers for Alan Wake 2 and...
  5. Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures: Started getting black screens the past two weeks during gaming / multitasking and when just watching YouTube. Sometimes audio runs fine in the background and I still have control of pause/play. Sometimes audio just loops.I recently upgraded nVidia drivers for Alan Wake 2 and...
  6. Recently started getting Windows 10 Black Screens failures

7. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure: My PC just attempted the KB5031356 update released on October 10, 2023. It couldn't be installed due to a problem I've never encountered before, which is listed in the known issues of that update here:...
  8. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure: My PC just attempted the KB5031356 update released on October 10, 2023. It couldn't be installed due to a problem I've never encountered before, which is listed in the known issues of that update here:...
  9. Taskbar and Start menu not working after the KB5031356 update failure

10. Driver power state failure BSOD when starting Roblox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver power state failure BSOD when starting Roblox: When I try joining the game Innovation Inc. Spaceship, i get a BSOD with the error: Driver power state failure as soon as the game finishes loading. This didn't happen to me before but now it happens.Processor: IntelR PentiumR CPU G2010 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHzRAM: 8 gbType: 64...