Windows 10: Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password

Discus and support Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JULIE & BARRY, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password

Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password

:)

JULIE & BARRY, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password

1. Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password - Similar Threads - start lock screen

2. Windows locking up on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows locking up on start up: This ones a bit of a head scratcher. A couple days ago I got a BSOD with a "page error in nonpaged file" type error and on restart, Windows is now locking up a few seconds onto the loading wheel.I have tried reseating bot RAM modules in all slots, reseating my CPU, and...
  3. Windows locking up on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows locking up on start up: This ones a bit of a head scratcher. A couple days ago I got a BSOD with a "page error in nonpaged file" type error and on restart, Windows is now locking up a few seconds onto the loading wheel.I have tried reseating bot RAM modules in all slots, reseating my CPU, and...
  4. Windows locking up on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Start Up Stuck at Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC Start Up Stuck at Lock Screen: Hi so my dad recently got a all in one pc, an acer model. Out of no where it doesn't let you log in anymore. At the lock screen if you press a key the background will get blurry but nothing pops up for entering your pin. I've tried booting the pc in safe mode but after...
  6. Again, Windows 10 Lock Screen Password

Again, Windows 10 Lock Screen Password: My PW is the same for Lock Screen and MS account. I want them to be different. I know they're stupidly designed to be the same. If I go to my account in Settings and click on "Sign in with a local account instead," what happens exactly? I used to have a Local Account and...
  7. Lock screen password change for Windows 10

Lock screen password change for Windows 10: I tried to change Windows 10 password via ctrl alt del and using settings Account methods. I managed to update the account password but the lock screen password was still using the old password. I searched the internet but didn't see a workaround, so i am posting my...
  8. Lock screen on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen on start up: Earlier in the afternoon my fiancé was using the laptop it was working fine. Went to get on the laptop this evening and it’s asking for a password or pin number and we’ve tried everything that we know of when it comes to pin numbers or passwords and cannot get past our...
  9. Lock screen password change Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock screen password change Windows 10: What are the steps to change the lock screen password? I have found lots of articles here about password changes but its mainly for my account, I followed multiple articles and only end up changing my Microsoft account password....
  10. How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password.

How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password.: I have a laptop and desktop, both of which are associated by my Windows @live account. I want to change the password that I enter when first turning on the device or when awoken from sleep/lock-screen. The password for each device is different and I know its not the @live...