Windows 10: Windows 10 start up login password problems.

Discus and support Windows 10 start up login password problems. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Can any please help me get back into my laptop? my hp laptop updated windows 10 a couple of nights ago and when i went to turn it on yesterday it would... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ursulaleake, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 start up login password problems.

Can any please help me get back into my laptop?
    my hp laptop updated windows 10 a couple of nights ago and when i went to turn it on yesterday it would not accept my usual password, ive tried every password i have ever used and still cant get in. I keep ketting the password incorrect message. Ive even changed my windows password on my ipad and am able to log in using new password but my hp laptop just will not accept the new password. Ive checked the key boards not on caps and all other silly things that could stop the password being correct. Cant afford to lose everything on my laptop, ive got irreplaceable files on there. I have got norton on the laptop amd recently backed up all files on my laptop to norton, im hoping that last resort would be retrieving files off norton to an external hard drive and re install windows 10.
    can anyone help me solve the password invalid and get me into my laptop before i have to take drastic action and possibly lose 5 years of files??

any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. TIA.

:)

ursulaleake, Jan 20, 2021

2. MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 start up login password problems.

Password login

Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface

So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option > in the Run box type netplwiz > OK > follow the prompts.
    Restart Win 10."

Did that. On restart, I didn't need a password. Naturally, I thought the problem was solved. Nope. When the computer goes to sleep, I need to enter a password to re-open it; when it is turned off or restarted, I don't need a password.

Anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks

jkmartinjk, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 start up login password problems.

1. Windows 10 start up login password problems. - Similar Threads - start login password

2. password not working for advanced start-up login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working for advanced start-up login: Someone named cybot already asked this quition please solve this and let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-not-working-for-advanced-start-up-login/e8396626-d82e-4a20-a22b-f14f4887f78f
  3. Starting up Windows 10; No login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting up Windows 10; No login screen: I've just installed Windows 10 on my desktop. My husband's desktop which is not within range of the Wifi he doesn't use the internet came with Windows 10 so no upgrades since 2 years or so ago. I also had W10 at work but I retired over a year ago. So it is strange to me to...
  4. Start up Password problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start up Password problem: The start up screen password block is already full of characters that I can't delete. I'm asked to change my password but am then given an alternative email address which I don't even know. If I eventually click on a symbol away from the password block I get the proper...
  5. Windows 10 2004 login and password problems

Windows 10 2004 login and password problems: After upgrading to Windows 10 2004 programs that work with logins and passwords are forgetting the logins and passwords. Skype, Outlook, web pages, etc...... How can I fix this problem?...
  6. password not working for advanced start-up login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working for advanced start-up login: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18632.329) I need to uninstall the latest update from windows 10 (kb4512941) to test an issue occurring with a virtual machine (whole separate issue than this one), but when I put in my password when asked at the advanced startup screen, it rejects...
  7. Windows login password. Do not want to use it at start up

Windows login password. Do not want to use it at start up: I have it set so I do not have to use my login password every time I start up my laptop. It works sometimes. This is what I do not to use it: right click START run type in- netplwiz ok uncheck (users must enter a user name, etc) apply type in password ok ok again restart...
  8. Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up

Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up: I have it set so I do not have to use my login password every time I start up my laptop. It works sometimes. This is what I do not to use it: right click START run type in- netplwiz ok uncheck (users must enter a user name, etc) apply type in password ok ok again restart...
  9. start up login

start up login: i started my computer and i typed my pin for the account but its appears saying that '' you cant sign in with this account try a different account'' can someone please help me out with this?...
  10. Password Problem at Start Up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password Problem at Start Up: I downloaded/installed Windows 10 yesterday. Everything went smoothly and it was up and running in under 30 minutes. The only problem appeared to be that the desktop icons were jumbled up. I then discovered that VPN wouldn't work. Everything else appears to be working...