Windows 10: Windows 10 start up sound

Discus and support Windows 10 start up sound in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro play sound at startup is checked but the select a sound option is grayed out 15898 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shoe, Aug 12, 2015.

1. shoe Win User

Windows 10 start up sound

Windows 10 Pro play sound at startup is checked but the select a sound option is grayed out

:)

2. Windows 10 start up sound?

Hey all,

Is there a new start up sound in windows 10? I have the start up sound enabled on my surface pro 3 and it has the windows 7 start up sound. Is there a way to change it to the new windows start up sound if there is one?

Eric Palmer2000, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 start up sound?

Yea, that is enabled and when I start up it has the windows 7 start up sound. I thought windows 10 had a new start up sound???

Eric Palmer2000, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Shoe,

You can't change the startup sound by default in Windows 10. Normally, you can only turn it on or off.

If you like, you could see if an option in the tutorial below will allow you to change your startup sound, but I haven't tested it in Windows 10 yet.

Startup Sound - Change in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  6. That is just another one of the Take-aways that MS in their infinite wisdom came up with, not in W-10, but further back than that.

However all is not lost. *Smile
    There is a little program that will let you change the Startup Sound to any other .wav file you may have on your HD.

I have it here someplace, but for the life of me, I can't find it right now.

A web search (Google search) for something like, "Change Startup Sound", should find it for you.

Good Luck!
    *Cool
    PS: If I find it "I'll be back!"

TechnoMage, Aug 12, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It was done in an effort to prevent anything modified from being able to run at startup to help secure the system more.

Brink, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Windows 10 start up sound

Ok, I'm back.

I found the Startup Sound Changer here:

Startup Sound Changer

It does require Dot Net Framework 3.5.

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 start up sound - Similar Threads - start sound

2. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...: My PC froze in the middle of a game and started making strange cracking noises. Now, after rebooting, the monitor, mouse and keyboard completely aren't working, like it don't respond, but the PC is on. I've checked and rechecked all the cables hundred times, but the issue...
  3. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...: My PC froze in the middle of a game and started making strange cracking noises. Now, after rebooting, the monitor, mouse and keyboard completely aren't working, like it don't respond, but the PC is on. I've checked and rechecked all the cables hundred times, but the issue...
  4. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

7. PC freezed and started making cracking sounds during game, and after reboot the hardware...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows start to stutter, sound gets junky both in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start to stutter, sound gets junky both in and out: Hi !I get some random problems that I rly can't reproduce, first time it started after about 10 minutes of playing sons of the forest and using discord movement skip frames and sound buzzing when happens both from game and the sound for others when I talk, GPU jumping from...
  9. Windows start to stutter, sound gets junky both in and out

Windows start to stutter, sound gets junky both in and out: Hi !I get some random problems that I rly can't reproduce, first time it started after about 10 minutes of playing sons of the forest and using discord movement skip frames and sound buzzing when happens both from game and the sound for others when I talk, GPU jumping from...
  10. my computer froze suddenly and started making a buzzing sound, no key in the keyboard...

my computer froze suddenly and started making a buzzing sound, no key in the keyboard...: I was on youtube and suddenly the computer screen froze, and started making a buzzing sound for over 10 min, after a while i managed to turn it off and on again.I have an ASUS Vivobook computer which is new, i bought it about half a year ago....