Windows 10: Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, I am facing a weird issue. My computer starts on its own at a random time from a complete shutdown. I do not put my computer to sleep at all,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Amith Ingalagi, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown

Hi All,

I am facing a weird issue. My computer starts on its own at a random time from a complete shutdown. I do not put my computer to sleep at all, I always shut down but after the latest update of 2004 version my PC is starting on its own magically at random times. I tried to reset power configs, Disabled fast boot, tweaked some login in the registry, disabled network wake, checked for other devices wake settings, etc whatnot. I have tried everything but still, the issue is not fixed. Let me know how to fix this issue. Just to clarify this is not a wake issue from sleep. It is starting from a complete shutdown. CMD shows wake count 0.

Below is pc config and build info.

Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown c8098724-9af1-4c31-96d8-2613a324834c?upload=true.png

Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown 25188caf-b69e-4b86-8527-98995c15f948?upload=true.png

:)

Amith Ingalagi, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown

Hi All,

I am facing a weird issue. My computer starts on its own at a random time from a complete shutdown. I do not put my computer to sleep at all, I always shut down but after the latest update of 2004 version my PC is starting on its own magically at random
    times. I tried to reset power configs, Disabled fast boot, tweaked some login in the registry, disabled network wake, checked for other devices wake settings, etc whatnot. I have tried everything but still, the issue is not fixed. Let me know how to fix this
    issue. Just to clarify this is not a wake issue from sleep. It is starting from a complete shutdown. CMD shows wake count 0.

Below is pc config and build info.

Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown c8098724-9af1-4c31-96d8-2613a324834c?upload=true.png

Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown 25188caf-b69e-4b86-8527-98995c15f948?upload=true.png

Amith Ingalagi, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Randysea Win User
    Start/Shutdown menu changed its default to "switch user"

A week or two ago, my Start/Shutdown menu changed its default from Shutdown to "switch user." Also, when I get the full shutdown menu, there is a new option to "update and restart." But there are no updates pending.

Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown [​IMG]

How can I get back to the standard shutdown menu, and also have the default option be Shutdown?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Randysea, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown

1. Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown - Similar Threads - starting own shutdown

2. Windows 10 restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restarting on its own: I have MI notebook pro. Its almost 6 months old now. for last 2-3 months, its restarting on its own without giving any error or warning. It restarts and takes me back to the the lock screen. I tried googled all the ways on how to fix the issue. Disabled the automatic restart...
  3. Windows 10 restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 restarting on its own: I have MI notebook pro. Its almost 6 months old now. for last 2-3 months, its restarting on its own without giving any error or warning. It restarts and takes me back to the the lock screen. I tried googled all the ways on how to fix the issue. Disabled the automatic restart...
  4. Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own: My laptop model is Asus x507UF and OS is windows 10. When i click to "Sleep" from start manu, it goes to sleep but after less than 2s it wake up on its own without any user interaction. What can i do now?...
  5. PC shutdowns on its own Not due to temperatures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shutdowns on its own Not due to temperatures: Ive had my pc for around 7 months now and I've had no troubles with it until a week ago when it now just shuts down every 45-1 hour on its own, first i thought it was temps but i checked both gpu and cpu and both were fine in and out of video games. I then tried a new power...
  6. Windows 10 restarts on its own!

Windows 10 restarts on its own!: I just bought an Acer Swift 3 314-41 with 4gb of ram, Ryzen 5 3500u with vega 8, 512 ssd. I've been experiencing forced restart without an explanation. I've disabled the auto restart. But it still restarts on it's own. A few days later the auto restart are gone, but when i...
  7. Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.: It's 2:18 AM right now at 12:30 I was playing a game and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at approximately 1:04 and found my PC OFF. This is a big deal since my PC settings are set to never turn if off unless I do it manually...
  8. Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did my PC shutdown on its own?.: It's 1:32 AM right now at 12:30 I was playing Yakuza 0 and paused it then switched to the desktop so that I could go eat something, I returned at approximately 1:04 and found my PC OFF. The is a big deal since my PC settings are set to never turn if off unless I do it...
  9. Windows 10 starting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 starting on its own: I recently decided to build my own computer, however to my horror, Windows 10 is still not working and has caused my computer to randomly cut to black screen, not turn on when the power button is pressed and to restart itself only to cut out 5-10 seconds after powering on. No...
  10. Computer starts on its own after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer starts on its own after shutdown: Several times since getting my new tower computer I have come to it in the evening and found it switched on. I thought I must have left it in Sleep mode by mistake but I have been checking it carefully of late and although I switch it OFF at the set switch it does come on...