Windows 10: Windows 10 starting on its own

Discus and support Windows 10 starting on its own in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently decided to build my own computer, however to my horror, Windows 10 is still not working and has caused my computer to randomly cut to black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thedeadpirate, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Windows 10 starting on its own

I recently decided to build my own computer, however to my horror, Windows 10 is still not working and has caused my computer to randomly cut to black screen, not turn on when the power button is pressed and to restart itself only to cut out 5-10 seconds after powering on. No idea as to why it is doing this, I can supply you with all specifications and processes I went through to try and make the system work.

:)

Thedeadpirate, Mar 2, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

computer starting on its own

I think you could be hacked.

Pixie boot is used by network administrators to boot a computer that has been powered off. IP4 is the system of internet addresses. Someone is accessing your computer over the internet and turning it on, and not to send flowers.

BulldogXX, Mar 2, 2016
  3. computer starting on its own

My computer turns on by itself. When the screen first .comes on I get ( start pxe over ipv4 ) then it goes to sign in screen.

There is no set pattern, it could be 5 mins or 5 hrs when it restarts on its own.

EvanSchwartz, Mar 2, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 starting on its own

I have not used this myself, but I would think that something like this would tell you if it is Windows 10 or a hardware problem:
    Stresslinux

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    You could also try a WindowsPE based DVD or flash drive, see if that works. KYHI has a good one in iso format you to download and use.

See here: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk from KYHI

Another alternative would be to download the iso for Windows 7 or 8.1 and temporarily intall them (no key) to see how your computer behaves.

Windows 7:See here: Download Windows 7 ISOs, Legally and for Free
    Also available here: Microsoft DigitalRiver Mirror (Technet)
    Windows 8.1:See here: Windows 10 Tech Bench Upgrade Program

Ztruker, Mar 3, 2016
  6. Craige Win User
    The problem you mentioned can be due to windows installing wrong version of GPU Software automatically.
    Logon to windows in safe-mode, remove all old GPU software and re-install from the AMD/Nvidia website while "internet is off". PS: Make sure no old drivers are left over.

Easier Method: Use onboard GPU from Mobo to see if this thing happens. (You may need drivers for it as well which should have came with your Mobo CD)

Also, if you urgraded from old OS, then it could be some conflict there and fresh copy of Win 10 should be installed.

Craige, Mar 3, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Boot into Safe Mode. Is it behaving the same?

Boot into the BIOS. Is it behaving the same?

These two answer will be important to narrow the issue down.

Thema:

Windows 10 starting on its own

1. Windows 10 starting on its own - Similar Threads - starting own

2. My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard...: My laptop keyboard troubleshooter is missing. I went to settings, then troubleshoot, then other troubleshoot but to my surprise it's missing. My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard troubleshoot option on my windows 11?...
  3. My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard...: My laptop keyboard troubleshooter is missing. I went to settings, then troubleshoot, then other troubleshoot but to my surprise it's missing. My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard troubleshoot option on my windows 11?...
  4. This has started about a month ago, but my computer has started to change settings on it's own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This has started about a month ago, but my computer has started to change settings on it's own.: It just started to be a google chrome problem. The search engine changed to yahoo and tabs were closing. This happened for a good two weeks, and then, just when I opened this computer up, it felt like a whole new computer. The computer settings like dark and light mode was...
  5. This has started about a month ago, but my computer has started to change settings on it's own.

This has started about a month ago, but my computer has started to change settings on it's own.: It just started to be a google chrome problem. The search engine changed to yahoo and tabs were closing. This happened for a good two weeks, and then, just when I opened this computer up, it felt like a whole new computer. The computer settings like dark and light mode was...
  6. Why do things in the Start Menu move around on their own? I've tried sorting and having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do things in the Start Menu move around on their own? I've tried sorting and having...: Is this just a thing with Win7? At first I thought if I sorted them alphbetically they would stay put. Nope. One keeps on moving. Its an .ods file if that makes any difference. No other file moves. I've tried having it sorted and unsorted. No matter. It moves. I know its not...
  7. Why do things in the Start Menu move around on their own? I've tried sorting and having...

Why do things in the Start Menu move around on their own? I've tried sorting and having...: Is this just a thing with Win7? At first I thought if I sorted them alphbetically they would stay put. Nope. One keeps on moving. Its an .ods file if that makes any difference. No other file moves. I've tried having it sorted and unsorted. No matter. It moves. I know its not...
  8. App purchased, says owned by user, not in Start and no option to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App purchased, says owned by user, not in Start and no option to install: I recently purchased Minecraft for one of my children for their account on our new Win11 PC. The app installed and works just fine for them. I then purchased a second license for another child. The app now says it is owned by the second child in the app store, but I have no...
  9. App purchased, says owned by user, not in Start and no option to install

App purchased, says owned by user, not in Start and no option to install: I recently purchased Minecraft for one of my children for their account on our new Win11 PC. The app installed and works just fine for them. I then purchased a second license for another child. The app now says it is owned by the second child in the app store, but I have no...
  10. After Windows 11 update i started hearing my own voice and external sound like key strokes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 update i started hearing my own voice and external sound like key strokes...: I use Sony WH-1000XM3 for various audio conferece and it works jsut great with noice cancelling on any device including windows 10 and mobile, etc.Although after my pc was updated to windows 11, weird issue started with external noice. it is fine when i am not in any...