Windows 10: Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Discus and support Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, many of this discussions were locked so I couldn't answer. I've ran into the problem with a specific domain user on a fresh installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatrickPa, Aug 7, 2019.

1. PatrickPa Win User

Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

many of this discussions were locked so I couldn't answer.

I've ran into the problem with a specific domain user on a fresh installed Windows 10 1809. Where some of the tiles e.g. MSN Weather didn't show up and got a down-arrow. All availlable Windows Updates were done.

Tried a lot by deleting and recreating the user profiles nothing worked.

But then:

I've opened up the Microsoft Store and searched for MSN Weather (one of the missing Tiles with a down arrow) or in German: MSN Wetter

I could see that the button for Download was available.

JUST CLICKED ON DOWNLOAD AND AFTER FINISHING ALL TILES SHOWED UP NICE.

The whole Start Menu was created fine.

Hope that this will help.

Greets Patrick

[moved from German forums]

:)

PatrickPa, Aug 7, 2019
  2. wutzebaer Win User

Show website as startmenu tile

I have a small webpage which shows me some information.

Is it possible to put it as tile into the windows 10 startmenu?

http://localhost/zeit.php

Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION BYvU2.png

wutzebaer, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Aug 7, 2019
  4. kerimka Win User

Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu

Hi,

I just published an app to create tiles on Windows 10 Start Menu. It's called "Better StartMenu". You can try it for free.

Better StartMenu

Here's Windows Store link:
    Better StartMenu kaufen – Microsoft Store de-DE

Here's a screenshot of what you can do with Better StartMenu.

Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION [​IMG]

UE79_sKUcbY

kerimka, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION - Similar Threads - Startmenu Tiles showing

2. Icons not showing in startmenu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing in startmenu: Like title, some icons aren't showing in the start menu, I've tried following a few guides that suggest deleting "IconCache.db" however this simply doesn't exist on my computer, I've also tried following the guide below but to no...
  3. Icons not showing in startmenu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing in startmenu: Like title, some icons aren't showing in the start menu, I've tried following a few guides that suggest deleting "IconCache.db" however this simply doesn't exist on my computer, I've also tried following the guide below but to no...
  4. Icons not showing in startmenu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar shows up and down arrow

Taskbar shows up and down arrow: It's always something with me. On my taskbar, it show, everything, all browsers, calendars, just everything . . . But now it has an up and down arrow to get to everything. I really don't like it at all. What I would like to know is how to get my taskbar showing everything...
  6. Windows 10 1809 start menu tiles only showing down arrows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 start menu tiles only showing down arrows: I've tried EVERY fix posted/available and NOTHING works. The only thing I haven't tried is doing a fresh install because I don't feel I should have to considering the previous versions (1709 and 1803) were both clean installs and I never had a problem with the start menu....
  7. Windows 10 1809 start menu tiles only showing down arrows

Windows 10 1809 start menu tiles only showing down arrows: I've tried EVERY fix posted/available and NOTHING works. The only thing I haven't tried is doing a fresh install because I don't feel I should have to considering the previous versions (1709 and 1803) were both clean installs and I never had a problem with the start menu....
  8. app icons on start shows down arrow

app icons on start shows down arrow: I tried wsreset, signing out and logging back in, checked my region. I recently reset my laptop and did a system restore, still no luck. I checked the Microsoft store, it says that all my apps are updated, but still the smart menu icons are shown as down arrow. also, when I...
  9. Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu

Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu: Hi, I just published an app to create tiles on Windows 10 Start Menu. It's called "Better StartMenu". You can try it for free. Better StartMenu Here's Windows Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH1XTDX Here's a screenshot of what you can do...
  10. Edge/StartMenu not working possible fix.

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge/StartMenu not working possible fix.: This might be odd but I been fighting lack of Edge, Start menu,ect on and off, nothing seems to work not DSIM,SFC, reset apps or windose updates but resetting permission/ownership of my user folder, appdata folder, and local/locallow/roaming fodlers to make sure it stuck did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu arrow down

2. windows 10 start has tiles with down arrow

3. why down arrow showing in start menu

4. windows 10 start screen displays all icons as down arrows,
  5. start menu tiles are with downlaod arrow,
  6. start menu tile arrow,
  7. windows 10 start menu tiles down arrow