Windows 10: Windows 10 Startmenue (Menueitems) -> Microsoft.Autogenerated.{APPID}

Discus and support Windows 10 Startmenue (Menueitems) -> Microsoft.Autogenerated.{APPID} in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! How can I modify any items in my menue in Windows 10? I've installed software (Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise) and can't find the "link" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by umuench, Oct 25, 2018.

1. umuench Win User

Windows 10 Startmenue (Menueitems) -> Microsoft.Autogenerated.{APPID}

Hello!

How can I modify any items in my menue in Windows 10?

I've installed software (Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise) and can't find the "link" in my Startmenue with full items! Only on of "Anaconda Prompt" ist still showing! But if I'm looking for in my harddisk I find four *.LNK files and nothing seeing in my menue?! WTF is this??? Can anyone help me???

Windows 10 Startmenue (Menueitems) -> Microsoft.Autogenerated.{APPID} ced2ac48-356b-4d32-9434-2c1f420ebd61?upload=true.png

Windows 10 Startmenue (Menueitems) -> Microsoft.Autogenerated.{APPID} 8c0b6cbe-1688-42c7-bc1c-8b31a9d2dce2?upload=true.png

Powershell -> "get-startapps | fl":

Name : Anaconda Prompt
    AppID : Microsoft.AutoGenerated.{41CBA4FC-DD56-4F3C-7BB9-91E6658A7532}

Sorry for my bad english!

Best regards

Uwe

:)

umuench, Oct 25, 2018

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Startmenue (Menueitems) -> Microsoft.Autogenerated.{APPID} - Similar Threads - Startmenue Menueitems Microsoft

2. Windows 11 Startmenu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startmenu: Microsoft what you done, another mess up again. We have been using the start menu layout on our windows 10 devices which working all fine. We have deployed few windows 11 machine and now its not same.If a user pins their own apps while we have MDM policy in place to pins some...
  3. Windows 11 Startmenu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Startmenu: Microsoft what you done, another mess up again. We have been using the start menu layout on our windows 10 devices which working all fine. We have deployed few windows 11 machine and now its not same.If a user pins their own apps while we have MDM policy in place to pins some...
  4. No entries in the startmenu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No entries in the startmenu: Hello!After installing programs, they don't appear in the startmenu. However, they are installed and I can add them manually to the desktop.Is there a way to re-create all startmenu entries?I even reinstalled Windows 11, but the issue persists.Thank you!...
  5. No entries in the startmenu

No entries in the startmenu: Hello!After installing programs, they don't appear in the startmenu. However, they are installed and I can add them manually to the desktop.Is there a way to re-create all startmenu entries?I even reinstalled Windows 11, but the issue persists.Thank you!...
  6. Photos album autogenerate

Photos album autogenerate: How do i make windows photos generate a new album? it seems to just randomly do it, but i want to make it generate another as it has been about 6 months since it last did it...
  7. Windows 10 StartMenu, Taskbar, Windows Security, Microsoft Store, Windows Defender,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 StartMenu, Taskbar, Windows Security, Microsoft Store, Windows Defender,...: Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.508 no more updates available Start Menu never appears. I cannot pin/Unpin/Close applications from the taskbar. I cannot search in explorer or taskbar icon. In Event Viewer I got these system errors: - 1: The server...
  8. Startmenu not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startmenu not opening: Ever since Windows 10 came out I've had the issue of my startmenu not opening. I've been through 4 PC's since it was released and all have had this issue. Why can't they just have such an important part of the OS working? This issue comes and goes, sometimes a reboot will...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder: When I install multiple versions of same software, it should create subfolders in startmenu (it works in Win7). Is there any setting in Win10 that I need to enable for it?...
  10. Startmenu (left)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startmenu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 startmenü programme

2. Microsoft.AutoGenerated

3. start menu microsoft autogenerated