Windows 10: windows 10 starts in desktop mode

Discus and support windows 10 starts in desktop mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 starts in desktop mode. I want to go back to tiles at startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by russelk, Sep 16, 2020.

1. russelk Win User

windows 10 starts in desktop mode

Windows 10 starts in desktop mode. I want to go back to tiles at startup

:)

russelk, Sep 16, 2020

2. After windows update desktop stuck on tablet mode.

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did the issue started after installing any Particular Windows Update? If yes, please provide the KB number of the Windows Update?
    To find the KB number of the Windows update
    please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I key.

• From the window select Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Update.

• Click on Advanced Options.

• Click View your update history.

I would suggest you to try changing the mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below to change the mode:

• On the bottom right of the task bar click on
      open Notification Center

• From the notification menu, if Tablet mode is highlighted click on the
      Tablet mode.

• This will help it to get back to Desktop mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Windows 10 Onscreen keyboard is on HotKey mode when 2-in-1 is in tablet mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • When you say that everything is fine with real keyboard in desktop mode, do you refer to the physical keyboard?
    • Does the onscreen keyboard work properly in desktop mode?

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I would suggest to create a new user account and see if the onscreen keyboard works properly in both desktop and tablet mode. Please refer to the article below.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 starts in desktop mode - Similar Threads - starts desktop mode

2. Desktop will not start windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop will not start windows 10: I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop computer that for the past 2 weeks will not start unless I hit the F12 Key and use the boot manager. Has anyone experienced this?...
  3. Desktop will not start windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop will not start windows 10: I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop computer that for the past 2 weeks will not start unless I hit the F12 Key and use the boot manager. Has anyone experienced this?...
  4. Desktop will not start windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Is there a recommended way to start Windows 10 in Safe mode? I must've read half a dozen different procedures described in various places but it always seems to boot up normally. Mostly they involved holding down a key while booting - or while pressing the computer's power...
  6. Windows 10 ver 18363.1016 not starting in normal mode but starts in safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 ver 18363.1016 not starting in normal mode but starts in safe mode.: 1. used sfc \scannow - it fixed certain errors but still system does not boot in normal mode. 2. does not boot in diagnostic or selective mode as well can any one help me out of this situation:...
  7. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  8. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Symptom: Pressing F8 repeatedly while Windows is starting no longer works. Workaround: To workaround this problem: 1. Click Start->Power, and then click Restart while holding down SHIFT. 2. Click Troubleshoot->Advanced options->Start-up Settings->Restart. 3. Press...
  9. how to start in desktop mode?

how to start in desktop mode?: how to start in desktop mode vs start screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-in-desktop-mode/eb7c2c12-6531-46e7-b4df-25cb4d1a21e2
  10. windows 10 starts in duplicate windows mode

windows 10 starts in duplicate windows mode: I have windows 10. Connected to a hub with an external monitor. When I start up it is always in duplicate mode. Can I set the startup default to be pc screen only?...