Windows 10: Windows 10 starts then fails to load

Discus and support Windows 10 starts then fails to load in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer does not finish booting up. It starts, goes through the bios screen, shows the light blue windows icon, then the screen goes black and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zman5Z, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Zman5Z Win User

Windows 10 starts then fails to load

My computer does not finish booting up. It starts, goes through the bios screen, shows the light blue windows icon, then the screen goes black and nothing happens.

I have a SSD where Win10 is installed, and I have a regular 2nd hard drive.

I used a different Win10 computer to make a usb recovery media. I put this in my computer and start it and it says it will not work because there is a MBR partition.

Can I somehow create a new partition on the regular 2nd hard drive and install Win10 there?

:)

Zman5Z, Mar 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 starts then fails to load - Similar Threads - starts fails load

2. Windows failing to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows failing to load: Hi,Earlier on in the past couple weeks my computer was overheating and we had to buy a new radiator, but during this period my pc froze because of overheating mid update, since then windows consistently failed to update and eventually it declined into a complete failure of...
  3. Windows 10 fails to start.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fails to start.: Displays blue screen "Recovery It looks like Windows hasn't loaded correctly". It fails to recover! How can I create a boot file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fails-to-start/351adc02-0934-4b8f-ad46-a19e0cb96ee0
  4. Windows 10 failed to load

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 failed to load: I had an issue two days ago where my Asus laptop failed to start when I turned it on. I was able to solve this by going through: advanced options > troubleshooting > refresh keep my files > enter recovery key > choose admin account > enter admin password After this, my...
  5. Windows 10 Fail to Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Fail to Start: [IMG]can someone please help me with this? [Original Title: Windows 10] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fail-to-start/51d12ce7-0823-4462-bc9b-0774d28fcb6a
  6. Windows 10 Fails to Load

Windows 10 Fails to Load: My Dell Inspirion with Windows 10 OS powers on then stalls at the Dell logo and will not proceed to the Windows 10 Desktop screen. Dell technicians performed a thorough review of the computer hardware and their software and found no issues. Dell techs suggested there may...
  7. Windows 10 fail to load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fail to load: Just built a new pc: Ryzen 7 2700x Asus Rog Strix B450-F RTX 2080 Samsung 860 Evo SSD Windows 10 usb I have set bios to boot from USB. I get a screen with a grey loading bar saying downloading files. When that is complete it brings me to a screen saying the...
  8. Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup

Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup: Hi, I bought a ex-lease Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF which I upgraded by installing a SSD, GTX 1050ti LP and a new External PSU. After installing the PSU I switched the display to run off the gpu in the bios so I could game with it. My PC worked wonderfully running lots of games...
  9. Windows 10 Fails to Load

Windows 10 Fails to Load: Approximately a week ago, my desktop crashed while I was playing a game. I have 2 monitors, the monitor I wasn't using turned to black, while the monitor I was using began to display this mesh of brown and white. Unable to do anything, I restarted my computer. However, the...
  10. Windows 10, failes to load.

Windows 10, failes to load.: So I put my computer to sleep last night and I went to start it today and now it's failing on the repair. The last thing I installed was Visual Studio plug-in for Unity 3D. I'm stuck I can't even restore or repair windows or even reformat it just keeps on saying it fails...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 starts and then does not load