Windows 10: Windows 10 starts up requesting login to default user

Discus and support Windows 10 starts up requesting login to default user in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro, x-64, on a refurbished Dell desktop - after upgrading from version 1803 to version 1809, it started trying, after powering up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by t4ord, Jun 21, 2019.

1. t4ord Win User

Windows 10 starts up requesting login to default user

I have Windows 10 Pro, x-64, on a refurbished Dell desktop - after upgrading from version 1803 to version 1809, it started trying, after powering up, to log into the default (admin) user account, which cannot really be done, so it says wrong password, and I have to click on that to get it to show my real user avatar in the lower left corner - so I can click on that and then log in. I twice deleted my user account and started with a new local account, then changed that to a Microsoft account trying to fix this, but it made no difference. A Microsoft person suggested upgrading to version 1903, but it still tries to start up in the default account - the hidden account that users normally never see - and that cannot be deleted. How do I get that to stop?

:)

t4ord, Jun 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 start up user account

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with log-in user account, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to assist you better:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Is your computer connect to Domain?
    • Were you able to see your another user account on start-up screen?

If you are able to see another user account on start-up screen, I suggest you to login through that account and enable the built-in admin account.

After enabling the built-in admin account you can login through that account and delete the default account.

Step 1: Steps to enable built-in admin account

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Steps to delete the account:

• Login with the built-in administrator account.

• Press “Windows key + X" from the keyboard and click on
      Search icon.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, click on “User accounts” and on
      "Manage another account"

• Click the on the default account you want to delete and Delete.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Flissa Win User

Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Here is a screenshot of my two user accounts showing two different icons. When I login to either account the icon shows on welcome, login. lock, switch user and any other screen where users appear. Dont know much about png etc so never touched those files. I have found many things changed in Win10 from Win7. All I can say is my user icons are the way I want them and I changed them using the method I suggested. Sorry I cant solve your problem but I'm sure someone on this site will eventually come up with a better answer than me. Regards .

Windows 10 starts up requesting login to default user [​IMG]

Flissa, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 starts up requesting login to default user - Similar Threads - starts requesting login

2. Starting up Windows 10; No login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting up Windows 10; No login screen: I've just installed Windows 10 on my desktop. My husband's desktop which is not within range of the Wifi he doesn't use the internet came with Windows 10 so no upgrades since 2 years or so ago. I also had W10 at work but I retired over a year ago. So it is strange to me to...
  3. Windows 10 start up login password problems.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 start up login password problems.: Can any please help me get back into my laptop? my hp laptop updated windows 10 a couple of nights ago and when i went to turn it on yesterday it would not accept my usual password, ive tried every password i have ever used and still cant get in. I keep ketting the password...
  4. Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problematic LogIn Request in Secondary User Account: Hello Microsoft Community, I purchased a Western Digital My Passport external hard drive and have installed it on my Windows 10 HP Pavilion desktop. I installed all of the WD software Backup, Discovery and Drive Utilities using my Administrator account. The drive seems to...
  5. Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user...: Hello, Environment: Windows 10 Enterprise Issue Description:- One of our user came up with a issue whereas he logs in to the desktop remotely RDP client on MAC and within 5-10 mins the desktop freezes up and logs him out of the desktop with Black screen. Whereas I can...
  6. Windows starting up default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows starting up default: Hi there so I juat turned my laptop and it's starting up with the default windows background and all my documents aren't there. I have to manually og to c users then my profile to find my documents any help? submitted by /u/ReeceF11 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 - How to default to user login screen when turn on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 - How to default to user login screen when turn on: Hello, Im using Windows 10. The original admin user has no password. I created another user, with password. When I turn on my laptop, I am expecting it to show me the user profile screen, which ask me to choose user, but it didn't. It just auto login to admin. How...
  8. Windows 10 : How to set default user at start up page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 : How to set default user at start up page: Hi all, I had one user is domain joined device but every time the user restarted, the start up screen is showing "others user" rather then username. Once the user had enter the username and password, it take some time to successful login. Any Idea?...
  9. start up login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    start up login: i started my computer and i typed my pin for the account but its appears saying that '' you cant sign in with this account try a different account'' can someone please help me out with this?...
  10. Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10 How to Set Default Start Layout for Users in Windows 10 The Live Folders. If you like, you can specify a default Start layout in Windows 10 for users and prevent them from changing it. *note This policy...