Windows 10: Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds

Discus and support Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I have Windows 10. I want to change the Windows's default startup and shutdown sounds, with the old ones from Windows 95I am nostalgic, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Julian9000, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds

Hello.

I have Windows 10. I want to change the Windows's default startup and shutdown sounds, with the old ones from Windows 95I am nostalgic, I liked them a lot. I tried to use the method to change some registry entries, replace them in Control Panelwith the .wav extension but it didn't work. Also there it is a program to change the sounds, but as I heard this program is harmful in time. So, how can I change them?

:)

Julian9000, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Rivergoat Win User

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Jan 16, 2020
  3. jaustin Win User
    No Startup or Shutdown Sound

An interesting suggestion with partial results.

I tried to delete the key as directed but it would not let me?

So I modified the key value from "(value not set)" to 1 and then to 0 and got the same following results for both modified settings:

Using both methods of shutdown described earlier I did get a startup sound!
    I did not get a shutdown sound or Logon/Logoff sounds.

So with the value set to 0 once again I tried to delete the key. It would not delete but the value changed back to the original "(value not set)" condition. Upon further testing with this condition reset back to same "(value not set)" I still got the startup sound as the 0 and 1 setting and did not get a Shutdown sound or Logon/Logoff sounds as before.

Windows 10 seems buggy with inconsistent results. However I did get a startup sound after I modified the values (and attempted to delete) the key you suggested. I can toggle the startup sound now via the control panel mentioned earlier by checking or unchecking the appropriate box. Thank you.

Post Edit: The "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" box has to be unchecked in Power Options for the startup sound to work under the above conditions. Apparently, checking this does circumvent checking to "Play Windows Startup sound" in Sounds within the Control Panel. I still have not been able to enable a shutdown sound so this thread title remains partially solved.

I would welcome more expert comments - especially concerning enabling Shutdown sound or Logon/Logoff sounds.

jaustin, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds

1. Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds - Similar Threads - startup shutdown sounds

2. How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds: Hello,I am vatshal gautamI like the windows XP sound and I downloaded it. I want to make it my windows startup sound and the windows-XP-shutdown-sound.wav as my shutdown sound. How to do it without any software...
  3. How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds: Hello,I am vatshal gautamI like the windows XP sound and I downloaded it. I want to make it my windows startup sound and the windows-XP-shutdown-sound.wav as my shutdown sound. How to do it without any software...
  4. How to change windows startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly: Hey all, I'm not really sure where on these forums to ask this question, but I need a bit of help. Is anyone here familiar with Winaero Tweaker? I recently discovered this utility and found that there is an option to set a custom startup sound for Windows 10 (version 1909)....
  6. Windows 10 Shutdown sound.

Windows 10 Shutdown sound.: Has anyone found a solution to the shutdown sound for windows 10? Tried all the various methods, registry hacks, Task scheduler. Can get the sound to play in the sounds but not on shutdown tried looking for a third-party app with a shutdown and sound effect but nothing....
  7. Shutdown and startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and startup: Hello . My windows 10 pc suddenly has been taking ages to shut off. I press shutdown and it takes 30 seconds for the shutdown screen to show. This randomly started 1 day. I reset the pc, keeping only my games and some documents and it,s still the same. It also takes longer to...
  8. startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?

startup and shutdown .wav sounds in Windows 10?: Despite finding the questions asked over and over and from every angle, I have yet to find an answer to the question of why we no longer have startup and shutdown sounds available in windows 10....
  9. No Startup or Shutdown Sound

No Startup or Shutdown Sound: Yes, I have the box checked to play sounds on startup under the sound tab in Control Panel. Does anyone have any ideas for me? When I test other sounds on the sound tab they play fine. I have noticed that Dolby Home Theater v4 did not migrate with the upgrade from Win 7....
  10. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing: Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do? 11355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how come i have no sound at startup or shutting down