Windows 10: Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery.

Discus and support Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been using an Asus Vivobook K5 series laptop for over 2 years. A few days ago, I started seeing a blank screen after the Asus logo Windows logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IshanGosavi, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery.

I've been using an Asus Vivobook K5 series laptop for over 2 years. A few days ago, I started seeing a blank screen after the Asus logo Windows logo for other laptops with the circling dots. This blank screen would go away and I would see my login screen with smooth running after. But yesterday when I tried to start the laptop, it froze at the blank screen.

I could hear startup sounds and everything, but nothing on the screen WITHOUT the cursor. I seemed to have logged in as i put my password on the blank screen, but even after pressing ctrl +alt+del, it showed me the cursor but nothing in the background.

I restarted several times and looked for solutions online. I was able to open up the BIOS and go to the advanced options toenable safe mode, but the safe mode wouldn't open either. And now, I can't Even access the recovery.

This is the loading screen.Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery. [​IMG]

This is my BIOS.

Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery. [​IMG]

What could be causing the problem?

Is this fixable without having to wipe my data?

Thanking in anticipation.

:)

IshanGosavi, Sep 14, 2020
  2. simrick Win User

Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup

Hi KazerCore and welcome to Tenforums.

Please fill in your system specs as much as possible, as it helps us to help you. Click on the My Computer tab below your username, then Update your system spec, and fill in what you can.

Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery. [​IMG]

Also, please list what you have tried so far, so we know what's been done. Thanks.

simrick, Sep 14, 2020
  3. JBravo Win User
    Blank screen on startup...

I've got an old Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G motherboard lying around. But I only get a blank screen on startup. I get the ram beeps and everything, just no screen??

Any ideas on where to look for the prob?

Any help would be welcome

JBravo, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Steve1380 Win User

Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery.

Blank Screen, Blinking Cursor

Windows 10 PC crashed, now have blank screen with blinking cursor in upper left, can't boot -- suggestions for how to connect, please?

Steve1380, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery.

1. Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery. - Similar Threads - startup blank screen

2. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 blank screen with cursor: I’ve got a problem with my pc where when it isn’t in winRE I get an infinite boot loop and when I attempt to get into winRE it goes to a blank screen with a cursor. On the boot loop I can’t use my keyboard or mouse, and on the blank screen none of the keyboard commands seem...
  3. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 blank screen with cursor: I’ve got a problem with my pc where when it isn’t in winRE I get an infinite boot loop and when I attempt to get into winRE it goes to a blank screen with a cursor. On the boot loop I can’t use my keyboard or mouse, and on the blank screen none of the keyboard commands seem...
  4. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup: Hello Everyone, Both my and dad's computer sometimes get stuck while starting and can't even get to the password screen. Sometimes the keyboard works while this happens e.g num lock/caps lock gives light when you press them but the cursor never appears. The fan works like...
  6. Blank Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Screen on Startup: Hello all - I don’t know if this is a hardware issue or windows 10 issue. The whole system is brand new I’ve used it for 3 days. However, every time I reset the PC or start it up fresh it shows the bios, the windows logo and then goes to a black screen. Every. Single. Time....
  7. Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode.: I've been using an Asus Vivobook K5 series laptop for over 2 years. A few days ago, I started seeing a blank screen after the Asus logo Windows logo for other laptops with the circling dots. This blank screen would go away and I would see my login screen with smooth running...
  8. Windows 10: Startup Screen; buttons are blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Startup Screen; buttons are blank: Every time Windows updates my laptop I lose the identification of the icons (or buttons) on the 'Startup Screen'. Let me also explain the problem in another manner. It seems that whenever I receive an update, whenever I have to reboot and I click on the Windows icon...
  9. Blank Screen on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen on startup: I'm new to this forum, and have searched the FAQs, and looked around a bit to find my issue, but nothing has come up. If this has already been addressed, my apologies. I went through the entire, slow, process of upgrading to Win 10 Tech Preview, a couple times they...
  10. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup: Hello, my pc has recently failed a windows software update and cannot boot into the OS. I have looked up this problem and tried many solutions but so far nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't tried is Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) simply because I have no idea...