Windows 10: Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been using an Asus Vivobook K5 series laptop for over 2 years. A few days ago, I started seeing a blank screen after the Asus logo Windows logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IshanGosavi, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode.

I've been using an Asus Vivobook K5 series laptop for over 2 years. A few days ago, I started seeing a blank screen after the Asus logo Windows logo for other laptops with the circling dots. This blank screen would go away and I would see my login screen with smooth running after. But yesterday when I tried to start the laptop, it froze at the blank screen.

I could hear startup sounds and everything, but nothing on the screen WITHOUT the cursor. I seemed to have logged in as i put my password on the blank screen, but even after pressing ctrl +alt+del, it showed me the cursor but nothing in the background.

I restarted several times and looked for solutions online. I was able to open up the BIOS and go to the advanced options toenable safe mode, but the safe mode wouldn't open either. All i hear is start up sounds.

This is the loading screen.Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode. [​IMG]

This is my BIOS.

Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode. [​IMG]

What could be causing the problem?

Is this fixable without having to wipe my data?

Thanking in anticipation.

:)

IshanGosavi, Sep 14, 2020

2. Can't see cursor on startup screen

This is happening on 2 laptops. Both have a startup screen with options of W10 and W10 Safe Mode.

After upgrading to W10 the cursor does not show for selection between the options. It is still possible to move over the mouse or touchpad and move from one option to the other, but it's a bit hit and miss.

We had the same startup options in W8.1 and no problems with the cursor so it's definitely W10 related.

Any suggestions?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Sep 14, 2020
  3. CLimEM Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade blank screen on startup

How do i get to safe mode and go thru those steps when i have a perpetual blank screen with cursor? Usibg an asus ux303ln and just upgraded to win10 as well

CLimEM, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode.

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode.

1. Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO safe mode. - Similar Threads - startup blank screen

2. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 blank screen with cursor: I’ve got a problem with my pc where when it isn’t in winRE I get an infinite boot loop and when I attempt to get into winRE it goes to a blank screen with a cursor. On the boot loop I can’t use my keyboard or mouse, and on the blank screen none of the keyboard commands seem...
  3. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 blank screen with cursor: I’ve got a problem with my pc where when it isn’t in winRE I get an infinite boot loop and when I attempt to get into winRE it goes to a blank screen with a cursor. On the boot loop I can’t use my keyboard or mouse, and on the blank screen none of the keyboard commands seem...
  4. Blank screen Can't get into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen Can't get into Safe Mode: I was having a problem with my NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060 Super on Win 10. Suddenly the highest screen resolution available was 1024x768. Someone advised me to roll back the driver version. Now when I start the computer I get the manufacturers splash screen and then it goes...
  5. Blank screen Can't get into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen Can't get into Safe Mode: I was having a problem with my NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060 Super on Win 10. Suddenly the highest screen resolution available was 1024x768. Someone advised me to roll back the driver version. Now when I start the computer I get the manufacturers splash screen and then it goes...
  6. Black Screen On Startup No Cursor No Hotkeys No Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen On Startup No Cursor No Hotkeys No Safe Mode: Yes, black screen in safe mode too. Yesterday randomly pc restarted and had black screen. I didn't sleep yet to fix problem. Things do not work* any auto repair* sfc / dism both finds no error* any startup modes including safe mode / with without network or cmd* start with...
  7. Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup: Hello Everyone, Both my and dad's computer sometimes get stuck while starting and can't even get to the password screen. Sometimes the keyboard works while this happens e.g num lock/caps lock gives light when you press them but the cursor never appears. The fan works like...
  8. Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery.: I've been using an Asus Vivobook K5 series laptop for over 2 years. A few days ago, I started seeing a blank screen after the Asus logo Windows logo for other laptops with the circling dots. This blank screen would go away and I would see my login screen with smooth running...
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen With Mouse Cursor In Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen With Mouse Cursor In Safe Mode: I have a Toshiba Satellite E45w-C400X and when I try to boot into windows it shows safe mode in all the corners and sometimes i have a mouse cursor. I cannot access windows recovery mode or the BIOS....
  10. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup: Hello, my pc has recently failed a windows software update and cannot boot into the OS. I have looked up this problem and tried many solutions but so far nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't tried is Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) simply because I have no idea...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen on startup no cursor windows 10