Windows 10: Windows 10 startup failing in a regular pattern after password entry.

Discus and support Windows 10 startup failing in a regular pattern after password entry. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All Having an issue where when I try log in after booting the pc, the password is accepted but then all i see is a black screen with the task bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jimgroom, May 25, 2020.

1. jimgroom Win User

Windows 10 startup failing in a regular pattern after password entry.

Hi All

Having an issue where when I try log in after booting the pc, the password is accepted but then all i see is a black screen with the task bar and the screen begins flickering.

- I can CTRL+ALT+DEL - I try click Task Manager and it does nothing. If i try restart, it just freezes on Restarting...

- To exit this, i hit the restart button on my Tower.

- windows boots fine after every single time i am forced to restart that way.

- Windows then boots perfectly around 4/5 consecutive times

-On around the 5th time that I boot windows, i am faced with the same problem.

Checked event viewer, the disk warnings im getting are;

The IO operation at logical block address 0x800 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\0000004d was retried.

On this occasion there was an error;

The server {xxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxx} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Any ideas guys? I have recorded a video of what this looks like, but not sure if i can post here.

I reseated my Samsung 970 m2 nvme drive and hasnt improved anything..

Thanks

James

:)

jimgroom, May 25, 2020

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, May 25, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, May 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 startup failing in a regular pattern after password entry.

Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 startup failing in a regular pattern after password entry.

1. Windows 10 startup failing in a regular pattern after password entry. - Similar Threads - startup failing regular

2. in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears: wen i go to win10 on startup in page wher password is expected the window for the password is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-startup-in-win10-when-asked-password-no-entry/1bf39633-1446-4b8e-923c-1299d07a0c3c
  3. in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears: wen i go to win10 on startup in page wher password is expected the window for the password is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-startup-in-win10-when-asked-password-no-entry/1bf39633-1446-4b8e-923c-1299d07a0c3c
  4. in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......: Greetings--A little while ago I asked a question about disabling the startup password process, and the lack of "control_userpasswords2" in the new Windows updates. Below is the response I received - which worked just fine.However, when I recently went to do this process on a...
  6. Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......: Greetings--A little while ago I asked a question about disabling the startup password process, and the lack of "control_userpasswords2" in the new Windows updates. Below is the response I received - which worked just fine.However, when I recently went to do this process on a...
  7. Missing Path Entry To Disable Startup Password......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unexpected reboots in semi-regular pattern

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected reboots in semi-regular pattern: I've been having a problem for several months where my Windows 10 Home 64 bit PC reboots for no apparent reason. It almost always happens about 30-40 minutes after startup, and sometimes a second time 30 minutes later, but only about once a week - the longest time between...
  9. Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard entry corrupt for entering Bitlocker password at startup: Hello, I got a new Corsair K70 MK2 keyboard. I have the latest firmware and hit a roadblock with Corsair support. I have a Dell desktop PC with bitlocker enabled no TPM. When I start up my PC, just after the BIOS initialisation, my new keyboard cannot enter the password...
  10. Cannot restore startup entries after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot restore startup entries after Windows 10 upgrade: I did two upgrades - one 10 home x86 and the other 10 home x64 - and they completed without error. The only issue I'm seeing on both of them is I can't re-enable a number of auto-starting items that I disabled before running the upgrade. I used the Ccleaner startup manager to...