Windows 10: Windows 10 Startup Is Disabling Devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Startup Is Disabling Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there, I'm running Windows 10 x64 on a laptop and recently I've been running into an issue where my GPU isn't performing as well sometimes. Keyword... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Damon C, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Damon C Win User

Windows 10 Startup Is Disabling Devices

Hey there, I'm running Windows 10 x64 on a laptop and recently I've been running into an issue where my GPU isn't performing as well sometimes. Keyword here being sometimes. While some would say this is a device failure issue, I've done some tests on my laptop and have discovered that its something else. So when I go to bed, I shut my laptop down the regular way, close all programs and press Shutdown from inside the computer and not the button that comes with the laptop. I unplug it and then close it and put it away after all has been said and done. The next day, I'll wake up and try to play a game and my FPS just starts to drop from 120, to 80, to 60, to 40 and all the way down to 12. When it gets here, the Laptop becomes unresponsive, shuts down, and when I try to start it back up again, if I do it too quickly or any time soon after that, it'll shutdown again.

So what I did to try and fix this was calibrate my power adapter, unplug my adapter for an hour and use it somewhere else, uninstall and reinstall all of my drivers, trouble shoot my devices, and when I start up the laptop, start it up unplugged from the power with no USB devices plugged in, and then restart it and start it up with the power plugged in, and then plug in the USB ports I use always to play on my laptop.

Alas, the problem still isn't fixed, but eventually it does go away, and I'm able to play my games.

My father who is more tech savvy than I and with a much stronger desktop computer, after having told him about this, he mentioned he was going through similar problems, and that there's an advanced menu somewhere in the computer that the user can manually edit. This menu has the power to enable/disable hardware on startup as well as remove the power Windows has to do so on its own automatically.

I couldn't find it in the Device Manager tab nor in the Power Settings for my laptop's battery.

Please, any tips and tricks here would be helpful. Or if you could point me in the direction of such a tab/settings menu, that'd be great.

Nvidia 1070 GTX

I7-6700HQ 2.6ghz 8 cpu

16gb ram W10 64bit

:)

Damon C, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Startup Is Disabling Devices

How can I disable "Startup" for Sticky Notes, on Windows 10 1607

Hi,

Since the steps provided did not help, we'll try a different approach. We suggest resetting Sticky Notes first then proceed on doing the same steps on how to disable it on startup. Follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Find Sticky Notes under Apps
      & features.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Repeat the steps provided by Confused Caribou.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Startup Is Disabling Devices

1. Windows 10 Startup Is Disabling Devices - Similar Threads - Startup Disabling Devices

2. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  3. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  4. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?: Windows specificationsEdition : Win 10 Pro Version : 20H2Installed on : 22/2/2021OS build : 19042.928 Experience : windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0I have windows 10 with configuration as above , I want to disable the password prompt every time I sign in to my...
  6. windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?: I used NetPlWiz to uncheck 'password required' and applied it entering my password, but now it still asks for pin/password and in addition shows a second account (with a white background instead of my account pic) but it has the same name, when I select it, it asks me to put...
  7. How to disable Bing on Windows 10 Startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Bing on Windows 10 Startup?: How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically. * Original title: Bing * Moved from Bing ***Modified title from: How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically.***...
  8. Disable Device on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Device on windows 10: Please how do I disable inbuilt laptop keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-device-on-windows-10/b6cd82fc-4199-4405-82f2-3c66dbcf0f6b
  9. disable windows 10 tips on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    disable windows 10 tips on startup: I have Windows 1903 - 64 bit installed. Ever since the 1903 update, whenever I boot my laptop, I get the large windows box talking about various tips and what's new in windows 1903. I have disabled windows tips in the notification settings but still I get this box when I boot...
  10. Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Delay of Running Startup Apps in Windows 10 signs in to Windows. Startup items can be added by either the programs or drivers installed, or manually by you. By default, Windows will run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disabling the microsoft.com opening page on start up