Windows 10: Windows 10 startup log in problem

Discus and support Windows 10 startup log in problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When i start my windows 10 a ghost user other than me appears and i click on me the only user type password and login this user i am not able to see in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ABI, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ABI
    ABI Win User

Windows 10 startup log in problem

When i start my windows 10 a ghost user other than me appears and i click on me the only user type password and login this user i am not able to see in settings or anywhere else to delete i tried ms technical chat and reinstalled win 10 but problem exists only during start how do i delete this phantom user

:)

2. LlarkVR Win User

Windows 10 Restart loop

I recently ran into this problem with a laptop I successfully upgraded to Windows 10 2 months ago Rebooted using the install media and ran advanced options and startup repair. This failed to fix the problem but produced a log file named srttrail.txt. The
    last line in this log says root cause found: the operating system version is incompatible with startup repair. Is there a solution to this?

LlarkVR, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Startup Settings/Log in problems

Hi everyone, so basicslly I had a few problems with my PC around 4 months ago and I decided to system restore which fixed the problems. However I noticed that there was a problem with driver D the disk drive and every time I turned on my PC it would try
    to fix the problem but the same thing would happen after every day or so (I was still able to use my PC at this point because I could skip it) but now just today I have had a problem where I try to log in but no actual letters come up when I type even though
    my keyboard is plugged in. So I tried to boot safe mode and when I selected an option from the settings It wouldnt actually do anything. Now everytime I turn on my PC I am stuck in Startup Settings which I can't actually do anything in.

shuaibahmed123, Dec 15, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Dec 15, 2015
  5. ABI
    ABI Win User
    I have updated it twice with new windows 10 up grde it is still there

6. bro67 Win User
    Did you use netwiz to see if it is listed in there? Belarc should show it also.

bro67, Dec 15, 2015
  7. ABI
    ABI Win User
    I have tried netplwiz no use

8. bro67 Win User

bro67, Dec 15, 2015
  9. ABI
    ABI Win User
    Unless a trained personal guides me by remote i don' like fiddling with the registry

10. bro67 Win User
    Just follow the instructions. Always make a backup of the registry before doing anything.

I shrink the registry, where I can still see where to go, then double check before I do anything.

If you just want to go in and see if that user is in there. It will not make any changes, because you are just searching for it.

bro67, Dec 15, 2015
  11. PFN
    pfn Win User
    I have been having the same problem for a few weeks as well--since November 20th, I think. I've had no success with netplwiz either.

ABI, is there any chance you just started using a new Windows phone?

12. bro67 Win User
    That should not make any difference.

bro67, Dec 16, 2015
  13. PFN
    pfn Win User

I couldn't agree more. However, my computer suddenly updated with the background colors from my phone and even some of the apps that are on my phone. Then, when there shouldn't have even been a login, there was and with two versions of me with the same outlook.com email address.

I really think this has something to do with my phone and os being linked.

14. bro67 Win User
    If log into any device that uses the Microsoft Live Login. Your roaming profile syncs across all devices.

There was a video a few years ago about 8 & 10.

bro67, Dec 17, 2015
  15. I am having the problem mentioned in this thread. When I run

wmic useraccount get name,sid

the rouge login user account does not show up. I get

Administrator
    DefaultAccount
    HomeGroupUser$
    (my name)

Is it possible that the phantom user account is buried in the DefaultAccount.

I have also downloaded belarc. It produces similar results to the above, i.e. no sign of the phantom login account.

grandpavic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 startup log in problem - Similar Threads - startup log problem

2. windows 10 startup problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 startup problems: When I bootup my PC i all i get is this screen, are there any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-startup-problems/45c1396a-aa6a-400e-90e4-06bb0be8b065
  3. Windows 10 startup problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startup problem: When ever is shutdown my laptop and boot it up again it is always repairing and i have to always reinstall windows to get back to desktop. What is this problem in having and how do i fix it....
  4. windows 10 startup problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 startup problems: i have a acer e1-510 laptop which is 6 years old. i have recently upgraded ram on this laptop. but after sometime i am facing problem of slow bootup of up to 15 minutes. i do have an antivirus software on the computer since four years. i have disabled all the startup programs...
  5. Windows 10 Startup Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Startup Problems: Hey all, I'm trying to bring some life back to my girlfriends laptop, and I'm sure a lot of you can see where this is going already. The startup on this computer is absolutely abysmal, and I'm not too familiar with Windows 10 to be able to fix any sort of issues quickly....
  6. Windows 10 startup problem

Windows 10 startup problem: When starting up windows 10 I get two notices saying that the following can not be found: C:Program files\HP\HP Photosmart 7520 series\bin\HPstatusBL.dll. What do I do to stop this error message block?...
  7. Startup problems in windows 10

Startup problems in windows 10: Something one month my pc working slow and startup also very slow.so i decided to reset pc and i reset with keep files safe.but after reset ,pc works normally well.but i facing one issue in it.when i start my pc and enter password keys then after pc screen blank for...
  8. Windows 10 startup problem before log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup problem before log in: Hello, I have downloaded windows 10 today onto a USB and got it installed to a PC, all was running perfect, I put in the licence key and started to do stuff on the pc for a couple of hours, then click “update and restart”. Now I have been stuck for a while on a black screen...
  9. Windows 10 startup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 startup problem: I have a laptop running in W10 Pro x64 . Suddenly, I had install empty iso file on my D drive using Universal USB installer. In other words, I had set my D drive to bootable drive with empty iso file. :(. After this, I turned laptop off and turned on, But it shows...
  10. Windows 10 startup problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup problems: I have a Lenovo Thinkstation with Windows 10 installed on a SSD drive. Everything been running fine for months until this morning the while the PC is logging on started to exhibit erratic behavior, screen going blank, PC resetting and restart, etc. Currently It won't finish...