Windows 10: Windows 10 startup message says no boot device available

Discus and support Windows 10 startup message says no boot device available in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My dell desktop will not start up. I get the Windows logo with the working dial and after awhile it says no boot device available I try F1 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GailHessing1, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 startup message says no boot device available

My dell desktop will not start up. I get the Windows logo with the working dial and after awhile it says no boot device available

I try F1 with nothing and F2 to run the set up recovery, but none of those options work

:)

GailHessing1, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Startup repair not working after "Default boot device missing" message

Hi Adam,

Corrupted boot system files is one possible cause why you're getting an error message after running the startup repair. Before we proceed, I'd like to know if you have made any changes prior to the issue.

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you boot from Windows 10 installation media in a removable storage device, flash drive, or DVD and access the Advanced option. To do this, follow the steps:

• Insert the USB or flash drive to your PC and restart.
    • The Windows Setup screen will pop-up, select language and click Next.
    • Choose Repair your computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Choose Command Prompt and enter the following commands:

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /fixMBR

bootrec /fixBoot

bootrec /rebuildBCD

• Restart PC and check if there are any changes.

Update us with the results.

Julie Ram, Oct 28, 2018
  3. TSALLY Win User
    Windows 10 error "No boot device available"

Hi

I am using windows 10. My system will not boot. I get message "no boot device available.

I do not have a installation dvd or usb. (see above steps)

what are my options?

Thank you

TSALLY, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Windows 10 startup message says no boot device available

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 startup message says no boot device available

1. Windows 10 startup message says no boot device available - Similar Threads - startup message says

2. NO BOOT DEVICE AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Customization
    NO BOOT DEVICE AVAILABLE: All the files in my desktop, updated some time ago with Windows10 Pro, got corrupted recently. This might have happened, on my Dell Desktop, after Windows 10 update, version 20H2 as I started getting a consistent message on my computer; like “no boot device available Dell”....
  3. Can't open Windows 10 "No Boot Device Is Available"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't open Windows 10 "No Boot Device Is Available": I recently upgraded online from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I'm using Parallels to partition my Apple desktop in order to use Windows. When I tried to open Windows 10 today I got the message that "no boot device is available." I've tried several times to get something to happen,...
  4. Error message: Bluetooth is not available on this device - Windows 10

Error message: Bluetooth is not available on this device - Windows 10: So, I can't keep Bluetooth working after the updates, I've had multiple problems on many devices, it happens on 3 different devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-bluetooth-is-not-available-on-this/0d23bfc0-459a-4368-8645-5e9dbb2d5d1f
  5. Error message: Bluetooth is not available on this device - Windows 10

Error message: Bluetooth is not available on this device - Windows 10: So, I can't keep Bluetooth working after the updates, I've had multiple problems on many devices, it happens on 3 different devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-bluetooth-is-not-available-on-this/224e180c-41b0-4b2a-92f4-c8d7dd479985
  6. No boot device available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot device available: Windows 10 is s suddenly going to black screen and showing "no boot device available" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-boot-device-available/b0b93e64-327e-437a-b34d-8b7c4bb6e41c
  7. Startup Error Message : Inaccessible Boot Device

Startup Error Message : Inaccessible Boot Device: Since this yesterday, whenever my PC is turned on , the following error message appears: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart. If you’d like to know more, you can search online for this error : INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE However, when I...
  8. no boot device available

no boot device available: no boot device found I have tried all instruction from the internet f 1 2 and 12 keys and nothing work s anyone know what is the solution or problem...
  9. No boot device available

No boot device available: Whilst starting up, Dell logo appears. After a while a black screen comes up saying: no boot device found. Please help.*Shock 43925
  10. No boot device available

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot device available: My girlfriend's desktop computer has broken down and gives me the message "No boot device available". Before that screen it shows me something about RAID volumes which I don't fully understand. It's a Dell Dimension something, at least 5 years old. I tried resetting defaults...