Windows 10: Windows 10 startup repair followed by black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 startup repair followed by black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, When i boot my HP laptop running on Windows 10, windows tries to launch startup repair and then proceeds to just display a blank black screen no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasBowles2, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 startup repair followed by black screen

Hi,

When i boot my HP laptop running on Windows 10, windows tries to launch startup repair and then proceeds to just display a blank black screen no cursor.

I have tried the following:

- Force reboot the laptop until it goes into ASO mode. This does not work, i hold the power button 5-10 seconds as windows tries to boot into startup repair repeating 3 times and it does not work. The ASO menu does not open.

- Tried to boot from a Windows 10 bootable USB drive, the menus do not open to allow me to install or troubleshoot my current version of Windows.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Tom

:)

ThomasBowles2, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Preparing automatic repair loop followed by black screen

Hi Aaron,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with "preparing automatic repair" loop followed by
    black screen error. We will certainly help you.

We have been seeing black screen issues of several types after upgrading to Windows 10. The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app.

Method 1: We suggest you to kindly follow the link below and try the steps and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Method 2: To Troubleshoot no boot situation, follow the below steps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to create installation media using the Media Creation tool.

Download Windows 10

Once the bootable media is created, follow next step:

Step 2: Perform Start up Repair.

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Start up Repair:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Advance Options”.

c. Then select “Start up Repair” from “Advanced options” window.

This will help you to boot into your Operating system again.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 startup repair followed by black screen

windows 7 startup black screen problem

All of sudden my laptop hanged and loud noise and black screen appeared , thereafter it is unable to start, I tried running startup repair but it has not helped as well.

I am able to run in safe mode but not normally. Tried even starting from last known best config but it is also not starting it, just showing black screen.

If I go to recovery manager while launching startup repair, it I'd showing option to restore windows, will it remove all data rrom all partitions ? I have 3 total partition apart from recovery drive, all main data in other drive than c drive where windows is installed..

freebird_9924, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 startup repair followed by black screen

1. Windows 10 startup repair followed by black screen - Similar Threads - startup repair followed

2. Black screen followed by shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen followed by shutdown: Hello.I've been having lots of troubles with a bug that I've had for presumably quite a long time, but that has gotten worse and worse, to the point that now most 3D games have become unplayable. Whenever I try to play one, both of my screens turn black within a few minutes,...
  3. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  4. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  5. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. windows 10 black screen on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 black screen on startup: Hello,I have HP pavilion x360 laptop, when I turn on my laptop and after the HP logo appears and before Microsoft logo appears,a black screen shows for about 2 minutes or a few less , then the laptop works normally,I tried to delete few updates that installed on the day that...
  7. Preparing automatic repair followed by Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preparing automatic repair followed by Black screen with cursor.: When I turned on my pc it showed preparing automatic repair. After a short while it took me to a black screen with a cursor. I couldnt do anything and I was pretty worried so I tried searching up ways to fix the problem. However so far all of them havent worked for me. I...
  8. black screen on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on startup windows 10: hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did...
  9. black screen on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black screen on startup windows 10: hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did...
  10. Windows 10 - black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - black screen at startup: started my desktop computer after being off for 24 hours, and it starts up with a black screen, the screen says from time to time no video input. I swapped cables, a different type of connection, nothing. When I opened the box, I see it restarting after about a minute,...