Windows 10: Windows 10 Startup repair not working after power outage - Error code: 0xc0000242

Discus and support Windows 10 Startup repair not working after power outage - Error code: 0xc0000242 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had a power outage and now I can't boot to Windows, even in safe mode. I'm getting ready to try a clean install but wanted to check if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wimbush42, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Wimbush42 Win User

Windows 10 Startup repair not working after power outage - Error code: 0xc0000242

I recently had a power outage and now I can't boot to Windows, even in safe mode. I'm getting ready to try a clean install but wanted to check if there's anything else I can try first because I'd really like to avoid having to reinstall all my apps. Symptoms:It automatically goes to the recovery environment every time, and the Startup Repair feature isn't working.Once I disabled the automatic startup repair, it boots to a Recovery window that provided a little more info:"The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errorsFile: \WINDOWS\system3

:)

Wimbush42, Jul 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 error code 0xc0000242

Screen went blue out of nowhere. It's stuck on the recovery screen.

File: \WINDOWS\System32\drivers\EhStorClass.sys

Error code: 0xc0000242

Please help!

Benjamin Longview, Jul 21, 2021
  3. PC won't boot past auto repair or into recovery after power outage

i am able to boot from the usb, it just doesnt load beyond a blank blue screen after a brief loading bar when launching the usb w windows 10 iso, ubuntu gives the error quoted previosly, and seagate gives the error from the image. at no point am i able to enter commands or do anything besides enter bios or choose the boot sequence other than let it go into startup repair where it freezes

followed steps for resetting bios, issue persists

as for post, there are never any beeps or codes. pc powers on like normal, shows windows logo and "attempting startup repair" for 2-3 seconds then freezes

Retrolental, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Startup repair not working after power outage - Error code: 0xc0000242

Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Startup repair not working after power outage - Error code: 0xc0000242

1. Windows 10 Startup repair not working after power outage - Error code: 0xc0000242 - Similar Threads - Startup repair working

2. Error Code: 0xc0000242

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code: 0xc0000242: I have a desktop computer, probably 12 years old. I really need to fix this error as soon as possible. I got the error after I cleaned my desk, removed all external devices, like monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. After I finished cleaning, and plugged in all devices back, and...
  3. Error Code: 0xc0000242

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code: 0xc0000242: I have a desktop computer, probably 12 years old. I really need to fix this error as soon as possible. I got the error after I cleaned my desk, removed all external devices, like monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. After I finished cleaning, and plugged in all devices back, and...
  4. Error Code: 0xc0000242

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts: Yesterday there was a big storm and my power sort of went out but nothing actually turned off except my wifi, Soon after the wifi turned back on I realized the ethernet on my computer doesn't work at all. I tried it on another device and it would still be working but not on...
  6. Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts: Yesterday there was a big storm and my power sort of went out but nothing actually turned off except my wifi, Soon after the wifi turned back on I realized the ethernet on my computer doesn't work at all. I tried it on another device and it would still be working but not on...
  7. Ethernet not working after a power outage of sorts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 10 not starting after power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not starting after power outage: Power went out and now windows doesnt start. All the basic fixes dont work Startup Repair - Couldnt repair your PC System Restore - To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then...
  9. Ethernet not working after power outage flicker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not working after power outage flicker: I'll try to be brief. I have a router on one end of the house with an ethernet cable running underneath to the opposite end into a netgear box that runs ethernet to 2 desktops. Our power flickered and now we're not getting internet, wifi still works from the router. Internet...
  10. BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667: Hi, I've had a power outage two days ago, after which my computer kept restarting every time I shut down. Using AOMEI Backupper I restored to a previously made system backup to solve the issue which it did, briefly. Today, when I tried using Display Driver Uninstaller...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 ошибка код 0xc0000242