Windows 10: Windows 10: Startup Screen; buttons are blank

Discus and support Windows 10: Startup Screen; buttons are blank in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time Windows updates my laptop I lose the identification of the icons (or buttons) on the 'Startup Screen'. Let me also explain the problem in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dennis Zinke, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Startup Screen; buttons are blank

Every time Windows updates my laptop I lose the identification of the icons (or buttons) on the 'Startup Screen'. Let me also explain the problem in another manner. It seems that whenever I receive an update, whenever I have to reboot and I click on the Windows icon located in the lower left of the window, the buttons appear, but there isn't identifying the buttons that appear. That is the buttons are there but nothing inside the buttons identifying what program the button is linked to. How do I restore the information for these buttons?

:)

Dennis Zinke, Jan 15, 2019
  2. JBravo Win User

Blank screen on startup...

I've got an old Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G motherboard lying around. But I only get a blank screen on startup. I get the ram beeps and everything, just no screen??

Any ideas on where to look for the prob?

Any help would be welcome

JBravo, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Blank screen on startup...

need more information on the rig your on about, psu, graphics card, ram , cpu

what beeps are you getting?? that could be telling you what the problem is

mullered07, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10: Startup Screen; buttons are blank

Windows 10 blank screen

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

After performing a Power Drain, perform Startup Repair by following the steps provided below:

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select
      Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Startup Screen; buttons are blank

1. Windows 10: Startup Screen; buttons are blank - Similar Threads - Startup Screen buttons

2. Blank Screen with exist button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen with exist button: I'v get blank screen while I'am working in Microsoft Word. The screen freeze suddenly and got blanked. There are only exist, minimize, etc button in the corner with one symbol which I'dont know what its meaning. I've try any way for blank screen solution but not working. When...
  3. Blank Screen with exist button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen with exist button: I'v get blank screen while I'am working in Microsoft Word. The screen freeze suddenly and got blanked. There are only exist, minimize, etc button in the corner with one symbol which I'dont know what its meaning. I've try any way for blank screen solution but not working. When...
  4. Blank Blue Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Blue Screen on Startup: Whenever I power on my laptop, I get the developer logo Dell for a few seconds and then I’m greeted by a blank blue screen. That lasts for maybe 30 seconds before my laptop shuts itself down. My mouse isn’t visible at all during this process and my keyboard doesn’t seem to do...
  5. Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup: Hello Everyone, Both my and dad's computer sometimes get stuck while starting and can't even get to the password screen. Sometimes the keyboard works while this happens e.g num lock/caps lock gives light when you press them but the cursor never appears. The fan works like...
  6. Blank Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Screen on Startup: Hello all - I don’t know if this is a hardware issue or windows 10 issue. The whole system is brand new I’ve used it for 3 days. However, every time I reset the PC or start it up fresh it shows the bios, the windows logo and then goes to a black screen. Every. Single. Time....
  7. Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 startup blank screen, NO cursor, NO recovery.: I've been using an Asus Vivobook K5 series laptop for over 2 years. A few days ago, I started seeing a blank screen after the Asus logo Windows logo for other laptops with the circling dots. This blank screen would go away and I would see my login screen with smooth running...
  8. Blank screen with no login button on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blank screen with no login button on login screen: I turned on my HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 operating system. Usually there was no lock screen but the lock screen was displayed. After I clicked the lock screen, the background just went blank. I think the login screen should be shown. The first photo is the lock...
  9. Blank Screen on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen on startup: I'm new to this forum, and have searched the FAQs, and looked around a bit to find my issue, but nothing has come up. If this has already been addressed, my apologies. I went through the entire, slow, process of upgrading to Win 10 Tech Preview, a couple times they...
  10. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup: Hello, my pc has recently failed a windows software update and cannot boot into the OS. I have looked up this problem and tried many solutions but so far nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't tried is Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) simply because I have no idea...