Windows 10: Windows 10 startup stuck on spinning circle

Discus and support Windows 10 startup stuck on spinning circle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I recently upgraded to windows 10, the Installion performed successfully, I selected my account and chose the express settings, after this I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Beardedbasterrd, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Windows 10 startup stuck on spinning circle

So I recently upgraded to windows 10, the Installion performed successfully, I selected my account and chose the express settings, after this I was presented a green screen with a series of dots spinning, I let this run for well over two hours in which nothing had changed, after waiting I did a hard shutdown. When loading up it gave me a blue screen where I had some options to choose my os, where I selected windows 10, the screen then went black with the windows logo, then the green screen returned, I then went to bed and upon waking up it was still stuck on that green screen. I tried clicking, escape, when pressing Ctrl alt del I was presented a navy blue screen with a few options, network status, ease of access and shutdown options. I've done multiple restarts, on the blue screen where you select os i have tried safe mode and now I am attempting to restore previous build, has anyone else experienced this or has a simple fix?

:)

Beardedbasterrd, Aug 1, 2015

2. Login from lock screen stuck on circular rotating dots

The following happens intermittently:

• I'm working and use the Windows+L key combination to lock my screen to leave for a period (can be short or long).
    • I return and use Ctrl+Alt+Del to log back in.
    • I get a blue screen with a small circle of spinning dots, which goes on indefinitely.
    • I have to hard boot my laptop by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.
    This started happening only after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. This appears to be a common problem with Windows 10:

I've tried most of the suggestions from these an other sources, but nothing has solved this issue -- which is very disruptive to productivity and seems to be specific to Windows 10. Please reply with only real solutions.

teancum144, Aug 1, 2015
  3. [Win 10] Failure to Boot

Hello,

My Windows 10 fails to boot.

It gets stuck on the 10 logo screen with a spinning circle at the bottom.

I tried Startup Repair and it produced this file (copied entire folder): Srt - 10 6.24

Specs here: 8specs.txt

Thanks!

HachiManAchtMan, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Morenci Win User

Windows 10 startup stuck on spinning circle

I am having the same issue. If and when you figure out what to do to fix it or get around it, please post it here. I will do the same.

Update: I did a system restore from the recovery console and it came back up. It must have been an update. So, I don't really have a solution. If it happens again I will try and figure out which update did this.

Morenci, Aug 3, 2015
  5. MartinRJ Win User
    Hello,
    I just had the same issue with my Lenovo G700 laptop:
    Windows 10 stopped loading while displaying the spinning circle. At some point the spinning animation stopped, and all I could do was to turn off the laptop.

My solution was to unplug all periphery (external monitor, external hard-drive, keyboard) from the laptop, then I ran the startup repair ( Startup Repair: frequently asked questions - Windows Help
    - which said it couldn't perform a repair, though) and rebooted once.
    After that, I was able to use Windows 10 normally, again, and plugged all periphery back in.

Just to be sure, I then checked all my hard drives for errors ( Check a drive for errors
    ) before I rebooted again.

MartinRJ, Aug 6, 2015
  6. DOC
    doc Win User
    I am having the same issue of the boot up stalling with the little blue spinning circle flashing on my mouse pointer on my Asus ROG. However a hard shutdown doesn't resolve the problem for me to even get into the system to look at the logs and services. Any thoughts?

7. magilla Win User
    Have you tried closing OneDrive and then restarting? That took care of the problem for me. I don't know why but OneDrive keeps synching and never stops in one of my computers but not in others.

magilla, Sep 2, 2015
  8. cbokay Win User

Re: Windows 10 desktop. That blue spinning circle, whatever it is, is raising Cain with my yahoo mail. It won't let the letters type on the page. My yahoo mail has been working fine up until about one hour ago. I don't know what is happening.

I don't want to set up an account with Edge or any of those programs that go W-10. The only thing I really like about Windows 10 is the speed of my computer has gotten better. Other than that, this new program has been a giant headache for me. I'll never use all those features.

I'm wondering if I should go back to Windows 7.

cbokay, Sep 5, 2015
  9. Hellie Win User
    I have quite similiar problem. Recently i update my Window 10 and last night my laptop shut down because low battery but when i activate again i can't log in because the endles circle just appear. I already try with ctrl+alt+delt but nothing come up. So i just shut down my laptop. BTW my laptop is Asus Taichi 1.

And two weeks ago i have a black screen before i update. I'm just tired with this problem. And can any one help me? This annoying circle don't stop till now and i'm terrified.

Hellie, Sep 22, 2016
  10. Gerry5039 Win User
    I guess no one knows how o hwlp as this thread has not been answered.

Gerry5039, Jan 23, 2017
  11. MattGinOK Win User
    If using intel cpu try
    cpu diagnostic tool
    The purpose of the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is to verify the functionality of an Intel® microprocessor. The diagnostic checks for brand identification and verifies the processor operating frequency. It also tests specific processor features and performs a stress test on the processor.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...000005567.html

MattGinOK, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 startup stuck on spinning circle - Similar Threads - startup stuck spinning

2. Windows gets tuck on the spinning circle on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows gets tuck on the spinning circle on startup: The title states the problem, it happens even after factory reset. I'm thinking it might be a physical issue, as it started happening after overclocking my GPU. The mouse and keyboard also don't work during this time, and the only type of input I can give it is pressing the...
  3. Windows gets tuck on the spinning circle on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows gets tuck on the spinning circle on startup: The title states the problem, it happens even after factory reset. I'm thinking it might be a physical issue, as it started happening after overclocking my GPU. The mouse and keyboard also don't work during this time, and the only type of input I can give it is pressing the...
  4. Windows gets tuck on the spinning circle on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. stuck on spinning circle on windows logo upon startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck on spinning circle on windows logo upon startup: I was just using my pc as usual, when all of a sudden it freezes and starts playing a beep noise that went on forever! then it said something about ": your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart, were just collecting error info, we'll restart for you." then after...
  6. Mouse blue circle stuck spinning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse blue circle stuck spinning: Hello Everyone, suddenly my hp laptop mouse circle continuously spinning and I am unable to click on desktop icons. I restarted several times. Disabled mouse renabled but still circle is spinning and I'm unable to click desktop icons. However I am able to click desktop icons...
  7. Windows stuck on spinning circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck on spinning circle: So I decided to update Windows to 1909 today. I left it for a little while, since I thought it'd take long, but now it's been one hour and the only thing I have is black screen with small spinning circle. Is this normal? Do I need to wait longer? I need to do some works using...
  8. Spinning mouse circle at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning mouse circle at startup: Hello, today when I was launching windows, the spinning dots stopped, and after that I had a black screen, but system finally loaded. After that, my dad launched hard drive optimization in settings panel (sorry I don't know how it's named in english). It was working for...
  9. Windows 10 Stuck At Login Screen With Spinning Circle

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Stuck At Login Screen With Spinning Circle: Before I begin, I was able to use my computer up until now. I got home from work, and was able to log into my desktop computer. I was in the process of following some instructions on how to fix an issue with the Mail App. One of the instructions told me to disable...
  10. 5s stuck during the spinning circle in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    5s stuck during the spinning circle in windows 10: Thank you for paying attention to my issue. I have reinstalled my windows 10 today on my Thinkpad P50. It seems no problems during the installation, but since I installed several drivers and reboot my PC, the spinning circle will stops for about 5 seconds every time, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i boot up my pc windows 10 i get a windows icon and a circle below it spinning around for about 2 minuts before it goes to the home screen

2. Windows 10 surface 3 stuck on startup spinning circle

3. windows 10 boot up gets stuck at spinning circle