Windows 10: Windows 10 Startup with no taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 Startup with no taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I rebooted Windows 10 this morning and when Windows 10 finished booting there is no taskbar. If I minimize a windows, it simply goes away. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nefarious, Jun 16, 2017.

1. nefarious Win User

Windows 10 Startup with no taskbar

I rebooted Windows 10 this morning and when Windows 10 finished booting there is no taskbar. If I minimize a windows, it simply goes away. It is impossible to use in this state.

If I right click on the taskbar and select setting the setting window appears but is empty.

The cortana window will not accept a mouse click and I cannot type into the window.

:)

nefarious, Jun 16, 2017

2. Audio icon on Taskbar disappear on Startup

Original Title: windows 10

Audio icon not on taskbar and disappears on startup..

AlanBarnesXN, Jun 16, 2017
  3. How do I rearrange the order of the taskbar icons in Windows 10?

Windows 10. How do I rearrange the startup position of the icons on the taskbar, not the dragging bit?

FranklinWomack, Jun 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I guess you are asking for help to fix this.

1. Can you boot into Safe Mode (SHIFT left click on restart)? - you can do this at the login screen.

2. In Safe Mode, please create and then post a screenshot of your Update History.

3. Do you believe your PC was updated when you restarted, either based on what you saw on the screen or your Update History?

If not, are you aware of any change made that might be significant?

4. Do you have any usable System Restore points?
    Can you create another user for test purposes, and if so, log in as that user. Do you have the same symptoms?

5. Do you have any disk images created by a 3rd party program (we constantly and strongly recommend routine use of disk imaging so people can rescue themselves from difficult situations without technical help) or a Windows System Image?

dalchina, Jun 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Startup with no taskbar - Similar Threads - Startup taskbar

2. Taskbar and Wallpaper don't load on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Wallpaper don't load on startup: Hello, after turning on or restarting the computer, the taskbar, wallpaper, and icons just don't load. I see only a black screen and cursor.. I always have to manually launch Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc and start explorer.exe via Run new task button. When I do...
  3. Taskbar and Wallpaper don't load on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and Wallpaper don't load on startup: Hello, after turning on or restarting the computer, the taskbar, wallpaper, and icons just don't load. I see only a black screen and cursor.. I always have to manually launch Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc and start explorer.exe via Run new task button. When I do...
  4. Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup: Hello, I built this computer a week and a half ago and everything has went fine up until today when I opened it to see no taskbar for around 5-6 minutes then a pop up to this screen. I am genuinely helpless, I do not know what to do, I did scans, reboots, everything. Need...
  5. Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup

Windows 11 NO taskbar, slow startup: Hello, I built this computer a week and a half ago and everything has went fine up until today when I opened it to see no taskbar for around 5-6 minutes then a pop up to this screen. I am genuinely helpless, I do not know what to do, I did scans, reboots, everything. Need...
  6. Taskbar disappeared, windows button not working and black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappeared, windows button not working and black screen on startup: My Surface Go is not showing the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. The windows logo button is also not functional now. When I restart the computer, the screen goes black for 2 mins after logging in with my fingerprint. How do I fix these issues? This all happened at the...
  7. Taskbar disappeared, windows button not working and black screen on startup

Taskbar disappeared, windows button not working and black screen on startup: My Surface Go is not showing the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. The windows logo button is also not functional now. When I restart the computer, the screen goes black for 2 mins after logging in with my fingerprint. How do I fix these issues? This all happened at the...
  8. Windows 11: On startup there is no desktop, taskbar, start menu, or any other Windows UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: On startup there is no desktop, taskbar, start menu, or any other Windows UI: When I sign into my second user account the primary/admin account works perfectly, it signs in properly but then it seems the Windows 11 UI does not start.When I sign in there is just a black screen with a mouse. CTRL+ALT+DELETE works but the Windows key is completely dead...
  9. Windows 11: On startup there is no desktop, taskbar, start menu, or any other Windows UI

Windows 11: On startup there is no desktop, taskbar, start menu, or any other Windows UI: When I sign into my second user account the primary/admin account works perfectly, it signs in properly but then it seems the Windows 11 UI does not start.When I sign in there is just a black screen with a mouse. CTRL+ALT+DELETE works but the Windows key is completely dead...
  10. Taskbar slow to load on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar slow to load on startup: Whenever my I open my laptop and login, the taskbar takes a few minutes to load. It just appears blank. I tried some solutions like disabling some unwanted apps on the startup tabs in the task manager, or rebuilding the icon caches but the problem still persists....