Windows 10: Windows 10 Stat Menu always screws up Icons

Discus and support Windows 10 Stat Menu always screws up Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude 7290 2in1 tablet/laptop. I had an issue before but after a clean install of Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrCaspan, May 4, 2021.

1. MrCaspan Win User

Windows 10 Stat Menu always screws up Icons

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude 7290 2in1 tablet/laptop. I had an issue before but after a clean install of Windows 10 and after installing some software its back. When installing some applications their icons has taken over some system icons. Other pinned icons to the start menu loose their icons all together. If you look attachment one the settings icon should be a gear but when I installed ImageGlass (image viewer) its icon decided to overtake this one. The second attachment shows the start screen ad that my Chrome icons for work or personal don't show at all. They used to then all of a sudden they go away I am running Windows 10 Professional 20H2 (build 19042.928) its is not a member of a domain. Just FYI i have been doing IT for a living for about 20 years and managing Windows. SO get as technical as you need to!

:)

MrCaspan, May 4, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, May 5, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, May 5, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Windows 10 Stat Menu always screws up Icons prob.jpg

psyko12, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Stat Menu always screws up Icons - Similar Threads - Stat Menu always

2. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  3. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  4. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  6. Start Menu is screwed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu is screwed up: [ATTACH] Idk why, but my Start menu just went hapazard. The app placement all went random. Is there a reason for this, or is it just a glitch? https://preview.redd.it/9h1lb59okx761.png?width=431&format=png&auto=webp&s=8d0b46b06d1ee6523ace29339001a738454a7bc9 submitted by...
  7. WINDOWS 10 SCREW UP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 SCREW UP!: Ok.... DO NOT like that the file folders are sorted by last viewed an NOT by name !!!! Please advise how to change back to selection file name or other detail columns. GETTING TIRED OF THE SCREW UPS IN WINDOWS! Don't know who is at the helm there at Microsoft BUT it...
  8. WIBDIWS 10 SCREW UP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIBDIWS 10 SCREW UP!: Ok.... DO NOT like that the file folders are sorted by last viewed an NOT by name !!!! Please advise how to change back to selection file name or other detail columns. GETTING TIRED OF THE SCREW UPS IN WINDOWS! Don't know who is at the helm there at Microsoft BUT it...
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 Update screwed up my Icons AGAIN!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Windows 10 Update screwed up my Icons AGAIN!!!!: A recent Windows 10 update changed all my custom Chrome shortcut icons to a blue ball? If I try to make any changes they all revert back to the ball. I am the onle person who uses this computer and have full Admin Rights to make any change, but I have tried all the reported...
  10. Desktop Icons screwing up again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons screwing up again.: New computer, only browsers have been added. I have many shortcuts to web sites arranged on the desk top to make them easier to find. I create one more and place it where I want it. Some time later, it doesn't like to stay where I placed it. It moves to the left side of...