Windows 10: windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet”

Discus and support windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet” in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My modem is not the problem; all of my other devices, none of which run on Windows 10, are connected to the network. My desktop, which has the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnBeatty4, Dec 11, 2020.

1. windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet”

My modem is not the problem; all of my other devices, none of which run on Windows 10, are connected to the network. My desktop, which has the network USB adapter attached, “Status” says network “not connected, “you are not connected to the internet.” I ran “Troubleshoot” twice, back to back, to no avail. “Wi-Fi Manage known networks” shows my home network; “Show available networks” does not show my network, but does show my printer and my neighbors, the closest of who’s modem is at least 200 feet away and the farthest is at least 800 feet away. I can only assume I toggled a switch on or off within Windows 10 Setup, but i don’t know when, or how, or what it might be. Please help with any advice.

:)

JohnBeatty4, Dec 11, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

internet connection problem- help

When you go to Network Connections and right click your connection and click Status what does say is it Connected.

If so click on Properties and then highlight Internet Protocol and click Properties and check your setting there.

oily_17, Dec 11, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 11, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet”

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet”

1. windows 10 status says “not connected” “you are not connected to the internet” - Similar Threads - status says “not

2. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  3. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  4. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  6. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  7. Able to connect to the internet but network status is saying "not connected"

Able to connect to the internet but network status is saying "not connected": ive tried just about everything i can find online to fix this issue and nothing has made any difference drivers are up to date and the internet is working fine except i cant install a windows update because im "not connected" ive been able to use 3 different networks fine...
  8. Internet connected but connection status indicates unknown

Internet connected but connection status indicates unknown: HiI am connected to the Internet by LAN to my router that will access the web pages, but the update will not work nor Outlook, since they say that I have no Internet connection, this happened after the last Windows update.I would like to know how to solve this.Thanks....
  9. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...: [IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-it-says/8188299b-da64-47b2-b61d-f2e88c8bc5c1
  10. Status say not connected to internet

Status say not connected to internet: I am using a dial up connection provided by my ISP. I can browse internet but can't use Microsoft store or get any security update. It says you are not connected to any networks. Please help me solve the problem. [ATTACH]...