Windows 10: Windows 10 Sticky Notes app text input issue fix rolling out

Discus and support Windows 10 Sticky Notes app text input issue fix rolling out in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There's an issue in recent builds affecting text input, we have a fix for it that's rolling out as fast as possible! We'll post an update here when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Sticky Notes app text input issue fix rolling out

There's an issue in recent builds affecting text input, we have a fix for it that's rolling out as fast as possible! We'll post an update here when it's available for everyone. Thanks for feedback and your patience!

:)

Brink, Mar 3, 2020

2. Sticky Notes not show the text

Hi Nancy,

The issue may be related to corrupted application files. To troubleshoot this kind of issue, follow the steps below:

Delete the contents of the Sticky Notes folder and run Sticky Notes Manually.

Step 1. Navigate to the App data folder and for that follow the steps mentioned below to help fix the issue.

a. Press Windows key + X.

b. Select File Explorer.

c. Navigate to C:\Users\<your User Name>.

Once you are inside your User folder you should see a list of Folders like Contacts, Desktop and downloads etc.

You need to access some files that are hidden to continue troubleshooting,

Step 2. Try to see Hidden Folders and files and for that you need to follow the steps provided below.

• Open Folder Options by Pressing Windows key + X, clicking
      Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking
      Folder Options.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and
      drives, and then click OK.

Step 3. Delete the Sticky notes temp file.

Now, you should be able to see a folder by name App data above contacts.

• Click on the folder.
    • Navigate to Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky notes.
    • Delete the file StickyNotes.snt.
    Now close Sticky Notes and reopen it to check if it works.

If the issues still persist, check the answer provided by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    and proceed with the steps on how to Run the Sticky Notes from the root Folder.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Sticky Notes app text input issue fix rolling out

Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sticky Notes app text input issue fix rolling out

1. Windows 10 Sticky Notes app text input issue fix rolling out - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes app

2. Issue With Sticky Notes App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue With Sticky Notes App: For some reason whenever I open my note list on the sticky note application, it is completely black and grayed out. None of my notes are showing in the layout and I can't even interact with the "X". [ATTACH] I tried resetting and uninstalling/reinstalling the app and...
  3. Sticky Notes issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes issue: I linked Microsoft account for the account itself, Sticky Notes and the calendar. They are all with outlook.com emails although I do have 2 more emails added as a secondary ones for the single account. Yet in Sticky Notes, when I put down a time or a date, it DOES NOT turn...
  4. windows 10 sticky notes issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 sticky notes issue: before the last update I was able just to press 1 click on the sticky notes and they all pop up together but now when I click on them it shows me all the sticky notes and I have to choose which one to pop up. could you please tell me how could I turn it back to pop up all...
  5. Sticky Notes pasting text as images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky Notes pasting text as images: When I copy editable text from the internet or onenote and paste it into the sticky notes app it pastes as an uneditable image and not text. I tried to erase the cache in the C drive-users-my id-app data-roaming-microsoft-sticky notes. I am still having the same issue, its...
  6. Sticky Notes integration now rolled out to everyone for OneNote iPad

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes integration now rolled out to everyone for OneNote iPad: Sticky Notes integration now rolled out to everyone for OneNote iPad! What are you going to do with Sticky Notes in msonenote? Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 141884
  7. sticky notes app

sticky notes app: after windows update, sticky notes app does not load/open. Is there another location I can retrieve my information!?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-app/df26ad92-9656-44c6-a045-ee8fab63c0e6
  8. sticky notes issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes issue: StickyNotes.snt file is not showing in the directory C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes after upgrading the windows 10 1809 OS into the "Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18343) (18343.19h1_release.190219-1422)", I lost my valuable data, please help...
  9. Sticky notes app

Sticky notes app: I hate the new look (dark gray notes with a post-it-note colored title bar). Give me back my pink, green, and yellow notes! It needs tab stops so I can make columnated lists It needs to be able to change fonts or at least support fixed pitch fonts. (Yes, I know you can...
  10. Sticky Notes App

Sticky Notes App: The recent update of Sticky Notes has been very useful. Since I am a frequent user of this app, I would appreciate if more features could be added to it. 1) Adding colours to the text typed. 2) Increase or decrease of the size of fonts used. 3) Option to select a font...