Windows 10: Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon

Discus and support Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to change my logon password, but windows 10 just accepting my old password at logon. why?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sam-oo1, Sep 12, 2018.

1. sam-oo1 Win User

Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon

I am trying to change my logon password, but windows 10 just accepting my old password at logon. why?

:)

sam-oo1, Sep 12, 2018
  2. shantvid Win User

Windows logon always accepted old password in my case. But once I tried logon with the new microsoft account password, it stopped accepting old password.

This thing might be helpful.

shantvid, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Brendon-H Win User

I know this is Necroing an old thread but the issue still exists.

My installation of Windows 10 accepts two different passwords. My current password, and the one prior to it log me in to my Windows 10 PC. The password was updated sometime towards the end of last year.

Seriously, we live in an age where data security is at the forefront of peoples minds...

Brendon-H, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon - Similar Threads - still accepting old

2. windows 11 still accept old domain account password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 still accept old domain account password.: I recently updated one of the domain admin password 3 days ago and I noticed that when I install/uninstall an application, it still accepts the old password. How can we clear the cache or enforce it to update and use the new password?...
  3. windows 11 still accept old domain account password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 still accept old domain account password.: I recently updated one of the domain admin password 3 days ago and I noticed that when I install/uninstall an application, it still accepts the old password. How can we clear the cache or enforce it to update and use the new password?...
  4. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  5. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  6. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?

Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?: Hi all, I have a quick question regarding password changes. I changed my password for my Microsoft account a few days ago, and as always, I had to re-enter/update it on other devices and apps, like my Xbox, Microsoft Store, this Microsoft Community site, etc. However, I...
  8. SMB still using my old password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SMB still using my old password.: Hello, I am using the SMB protocol to move a few files. My SMB configurations only work with my old password. I changed my password a while ago (Microsoft Account) but SMB is still using the old password. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/WoiLou [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 not accepting password

Windows 10 not accepting password: I recently replaced my hard drive and had all my recovered data transferred to that hard drive. Now when my computer asks me to login with my microsoft account it says password invalid. I made sure i’m connected to wifi and double checked my password was correct by logging in...
  10. Windows 10 logon password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 logon password: How do I change the logon password for logging on to my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-logon-password/5026193f-f557-4354-ae34-0b4a8daf97a9"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon

2. windows 10 accepts old password