Windows 10: Windows 10 still auto installing drivers even after feature disabled

Discus and support Windows 10 still auto installing drivers even after feature disabled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set "Do not automatically download manufacturers' apps and custom icons, etc" in Hardware. I then went to Group Policy and followed these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alvarkresh, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 still auto installing drivers even after feature disabled

I set "Do not automatically download manufacturers' apps and custom icons, etc" in Hardware. I then went to Group Policy and followed these instructions:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

Just now when I plugged in my network cable for the first time, what should Win10 do, but grab the nVidia graphics driver. I explicitly did NOT want that to happen since I want to install the nVidia-supplied WHQL driver instead.

Furthermore, as this is a Ryzen 1800X system I need to get AMD's supplied drivers on very soon so the CPU will behave nicely.

So how do I for sure 100% disable this annoyance in Win10?

submitted by /u/alvarkresh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alvarkresh, Mar 28, 2020
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 still auto installing drivers even after feature disabled

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 still auto installing drivers even after feature disabled

1. Windows 10 still auto installing drivers even after feature disabled - Similar Threads - still auto installing

2. application still auto start even after disabled in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    application still auto start even after disabled in task manager: I followed a the tutorial provided in this forum by disabling application auto startup at the task manager, but the application that I disable still tend to auto start after a few minutes and interrupt my task i.e.: windscribe. so is there any way to fully disable an...
  3. Disable The Lame Auto Brightness Feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable The Lame Auto Brightness Feature: What the hell is it?? How come a 1500USD device doesn't have the option to turn off the **** auto brightness option?? I'm a student which cannot keep studying on that way since the autobrightness is **** harm my eyes while trying to read for a few hours every day. You...
  4. How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?: Hello, I am on build Win 10 Home 1909. 1 I would like to know how I can stop Windows from automatically downloading and installing all device drivers through Windows Update. 2 I would also like to know how to stop Windows from downloading and installing any future...
  5. Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation: I have a Asus Vivobook X510UF laptop. I have below configurations - Windos 10 Home Single Language Version 1909, OS Build 18363.836 Core i5 8th Generation @1.6GHz 12 GB RAM 16 GB Optane Module 1 TB HDD The laptop was working fine, smooth, and fast until last month. It...
  6. audio still works after drivers are disabled.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio still works after drivers are disabled.: I am using 64-Bit windows 10 and using realtek audio drivers. I was having trouble with my drivers so I deleted them and restarted windows so that I can download them again. Well, windows didnt download them so I went online to download it and it worked. Today I disabled...
  7. windows update auto restarting even if disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update auto restarting even if disabled: My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator"). Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11". How to trully disable...
  8. Windows update still auto installing Nvidia drivers.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update still auto installing Nvidia drivers.: I applied the reg file made available in one of Brink's threads but I've noticed Windows update is still auto installing Nvidia drivers. Anyone else have same issue? 79844
  9. Windows 10 doesn't auto install drivers after sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't auto install drivers after sysprep: I am working on creating a new master image to deploy which is windows 10 x64bit to several different models of computers throughout our organization. everything seems to be working but when it first boots up after sysprep it does not auto install the drivers like it does in...
  10. Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?: I've been on Windows 10 for nearly two weeks. I turned my back on it this morning, and when I returned in an hour it had done something which: Restored Windows setting almost to a clean install state (some video settings survived) Regresses an update to Google Chrome from...