Windows 10: Windows 10 - Still Failing?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Still Failing? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built my new computer just 3 days ago, it's using the Windows 10 x64 Pro October Update (newest, also unactivated), and today I experienced an issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hi-P, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Hi-P Win User

Windows 10 - Still Failing?

I built my new computer just 3 days ago, it's using the Windows 10 x64 Pro October Update (newest, also unactivated), and today I experienced an issue.

I was watching YouTube videos when suddenly Firefox closed, my other programs became unresponsive / crashed, my mouse pointer began to lag, the monitor screen went black with only the mouse on-screen, so I decided to restart the computer by holding down the power button and turning it on back again, it rebooted normally without problems (so far).

At first I thought it was my graphics card since I'm using an RTX 2080 Ti and there was a huge buzz regarding their failing rates when they launched, I decided to post about my problems on other forums, one person on Reddit (click to check the post) basically said that it doesn't sound like a GPU problem, but rather one of either: Operating System, RAM or Processor.

It could be anything really, but I kinda doubt it has anything to do with the processor since it isn't overclocked, I haven't stressed it at all and it's been sitting comfortably around 35° centigrades, but I'm not discarding the possibility, just not likely.

That leaves me with either the Windows 10 October update or the RAM being the problem, I'm using a single 16GB DIMM (so not dual-channel), it is not overclocked, could the single channel be the problem?

Bottom Line:

If for you guys it does sound like a Windows problem, then:

Q: How do I downgrade to the last stable version and which one is it?

Q: or what do you think its the problem?

Thank you

:)

Hi-P, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Still Failing? - Similar Threads - Still Failing

2. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...: so assisting a friend in the vendevor So where trying to figure out how to fix this issueIts a fresh install of windows just runningand where getting the bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL IF we dont have XMP enable in biosbut if we have XMP enabled this issue never happens...
  3. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...: so assisting a friend in the vendevor So where trying to figure out how to fix this issueIts a fresh install of windows just runningand where getting the bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL IF we dont have XMP enable in biosbut if we have XMP enabled this issue never happens...
  4. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD, what failed: ntoskrnl.exe i reinstalled Windows 3 times, Drivers aswell and still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, what failed: ntoskrnl.exe i reinstalled Windows 3 times, Drivers aswell and still...: Hi, i build a pc and on the first start of the day it gives me a BSOD. I’ve tried everything, reinstalling Windows, Drivers, an employee of microsoft reintalled my graphics card drivers and, on the very next morning the same issue, i tested the RAM, SSD and tried another gpu...
  6. BSOD, what failed: ntoskrnl.exe i reinstalled Windows 3 times, Drivers aswell and still...

BSOD, what failed: ntoskrnl.exe i reinstalled Windows 3 times, Drivers aswell and still...: Hi, i build a pc and on the first start of the day it gives me a BSOD. I’ve tried everything, reinstalling Windows, Drivers, an employee of microsoft reintalled my graphics card drivers and, on the very next morning the same issue, i tested the RAM, SSD and tried another gpu...
  7. Have tried all suggested solutions but am still getting "installion failed in the safe_os...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have tried all suggested solutions but am still getting "installion failed in the safe_os...: This problem all started when Windows 11 Home refused to install any updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-tried-all-suggested-solutions-but-am-still/a6145a2e-0cb3-448d-8005-6137e706ed27
  8. Have tried all suggested solutions but am still getting "installion failed in the safe_os...

Have tried all suggested solutions but am still getting "installion failed in the safe_os...: This problem all started when Windows 11 Home refused to install any updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-tried-all-suggested-solutions-but-am-still/a6145a2e-0cb3-448d-8005-6137e706ed27
  9. Windows 11 Update success, but same update still trying to install and failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update success, but same update still trying to install and failing: Windows 11 update kept reporting failure. Update history reports: "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029351 successfully installed". Why is it still trying to install?...
  10. Windows 11 Update success, but same update still trying to install and failing

Windows 11 Update success, but same update still trying to install and failing: Windows 11 update kept reporting failure. Update history reports: "Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029351 successfully installed". Why is it still trying to install?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. feature update windows 10 1809 x64 2019-04 error 0x8024200d