Windows 10: Windows 10 - Still Failing?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Still Failing? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built my new computer just 3 days ago, it's using the Windows 10 x64 Pro October Update (newest, also unactivated), and today I experienced an issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hi-P, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Hi-P Win User

Windows 10 - Still Failing?

I built my new computer just 3 days ago, it's using the Windows 10 x64 Pro October Update (newest, also unactivated), and today I experienced an issue.

I was watching YouTube videos when suddenly Firefox closed, my other programs became unresponsive / crashed, my mouse pointer began to lag, the monitor screen went black with only the mouse on-screen, so I decided to restart the computer by holding down the power button and turning it on back again, it rebooted normally without problems (so far).

At first I thought it was my graphics card since I'm using an RTX 2080 Ti and there was a huge buzz regarding their failing rates when they launched, I decided to post about my problems on other forums, one person on Reddit (click to check the post) basically said that it doesn't sound like a GPU problem, but rather one of either: Operating System, RAM or Processor.

It could be anything really, but I kinda doubt it has anything to do with the processor since it isn't overclocked, I haven't stressed it at all and it's been sitting comfortably around 35° centigrades, but I'm not discarding the possibility, just not likely.

That leaves me with either the Windows 10 October update or the RAM being the problem, I'm using a single 16GB DIMM (so not dual-channel), it is not overclocked, could the single channel be the problem?

Bottom Line:

If for you guys it does sound like a Windows problem, then:

Q: How do I downgrade to the last stable version and which one is it?

Q: or what do you think its the problem?

Thank you

:)

Hi-P, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Still Failing? - Similar Threads - Still Failing

2. Seriously, this is soon to be 2019, and the store still fails at doing basic things

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Seriously, this is soon to be 2019, and the store still fails at doing basic things: So, a bit of context before I start complaining, because this is meant to be constructive and I really want to see improvements in that area. I own an Xbox One X and a rather potent Gaming PC. I really enjoy Xbox Play Anywhere titles because I share Microsoft's gaming...
  3. windows update still failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update still failing: Hi all For months now am trying to update 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4462919) -Error 0x80070020 I have just done a manual download and after over an hour where stated 100% installed, a message appears saying unable to...
  4. Still getting SrtTrail.txt fails after BIOS reset and HDD swap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still getting SrtTrail.txt fails after BIOS reset and HDD swap: Hi, I'm desperate for help. I got a computer some months ago (used) with a Asus P8Z68-V LX motherboard and a Intel i5 2500k CPU. It worked fine and I got a good noctua CPU fan to overclock it and mine some cryptocurrencies. I OC:ed it to 4.4 gHz and left it to mine on 4...
  5. Chrome still freezes/fails to display page selected

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome still freezes/fails to display page selected: Since installing Win 10 I have had a variety of problems with Chrome and in general reinstalling has temporarily solved the problem. I have the latest version of Chrome installed but I occasionally have a page freeze and Chrome asks me if I want to wait or kill the page. If I...
  6. HDD failing - can I still get files off the drive ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD failing - can I still get files off the drive ?: Had a recent previous thread where my bios post would freeze at F2 or Del screen for options. (cant get by innitial bios start screen - Windows 10 Forums) Turns out the HHD that was failing (my storage drive) was the culprit - when I disconnect it the system posts and...
  7. Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working

Stuck restarting after failed factory reset, reset still not working: Getting an infinite loading sort of error where my comp goes to HP loading screen, blackscreen, turns off, and repeats. Very annoying and nothing I've seen so far is working. I don't have a disk or drive to use to reload Windows with, and I didn't set any system restore...
  8. 1607 update still fails with error 0x8024200D

1607 update still fails with error 0x8024200D: I currently have version 1511 build 10586.753 of windows 10 pro 32 bit. Windows update installs 1607 but fails after rebooting and restore this build. Event Viewer shows "Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200D:...
  9. Failed 7-to-10 Upgrade Attempt — Still Salvageable ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed 7-to-10 Upgrade Attempt — Still Salvageable ?: At around 23:22 EST on Friday, July 29th, I began the subject upgrade process, assuming I'd be able to “slide in under the deadline wire.” And perhaps I did . . . or could have. But somewhere along the line, something seems to have gone wrong. And I think it's probably my own...
  10. Facebook, Twitter, and Google are still failing to curb hate speech

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook, Twitter, and Google are still failing to curb hate speech: Tech companies may face new legislation after struggling to comply with voluntary code of conduct. The European Commission this week called on Facebook, Twitter, and other major tech companies to more aggressively police online hate speech or else face new legislation that...