Windows 10: Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

Discus and support Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Asus Vivobook X510UF laptop. I have below configurations - Windos 10 Home Single Language Version 1909, OS Build 18363.836 Core i5 8th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AbhijeetBafna, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

I have a Asus Vivobook X510UF laptop. I have below configurations -

1. Windos 10 Home Single Language Version 1909, OS Build 18363.836
    2. Core i5 8th Generation @1.6GHz
    3. 12 GB RAM
    4. 16 GB Optane Module
    5. 1 TB HDD

The laptop was working fine, smooth, and fast until last month. It started lagging and in every 2 -3 seconds it gets stuck. The cursor just freezes and nothing is operational, even Alt+Tab does not work during this freeze. Also, the applications start showing 'not responding.' The windows will automatically shut down/restart randomly showing a blue screen and displaying the msg 'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.' The stop code changes everytime but most frequent stop code which I have seen is "Memory Management."

I have already scanned the disk using the cmd, also I did the clean installation of Windows 10 6-7 times because everytime the windows was freezing a lot. I tested different things. Used a few clean installs of Win 10 without installing updates and in a few cases I installed the updates. Currently I have all the updates installed and in all the cases, I had installed the drivers listed on the Asus's website for this model. I have updated all the system drivers. Have not installed any third party driver.

Also, the disk usage keeps on rising from 0 to 100 percent and dropping from 100 to 0 percent constantly. I downloaded the Win 10 from that media creation tool. I download the iso file. I have tested it in Virtual machine and other laptop borrowed one with just 2gb ram and intel celeron dual core processor. The Win 10 seems to work without any issues on those machines quiet smoothly and without any random freezing.

Also, my laptop's hardware is not damaged at all. It is normal and I have tried all the troubleshooting methods mentioned in other discussions on this forum as well as other forums. I have not intalled any software other than firefox and I do not think it is creating problem. Because, with chrom also the result was same. With no programs installed also the result was same. I do not know where the problem is then.

Regards

Abhijeet Bafna

:)

AbhijeetBafna, May 24, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 24, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

1. Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation - Similar Threads - still freezing clean

2. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E560 laptop with an Intel Core i7-6500 processor and 16GB of RAM. All I remember is that I attempted to install an AMD graphics driver along with an update. Following this, the laptop suddenly froze and now consistently freezes at the Windows logo...
  3. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E560 laptop with an Intel Core i7-6500 processor and 16GB of RAM. All I remember is that I attempted to install an AMD graphics driver along with an update. Following this, the laptop suddenly froze and now consistently freezes at the Windows logo...
  4. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot

WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot: Hey guys, this is kinda my last resort. Im experiencing issues for weeks now. _________________________________________________________________________ HARDWARE: GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Gaming X - 6GB - PCIe Mainboard: Asus Rog Maximus CPU: Intel i7 8700K 3,7GHz Coffee...
  6. BSOD even after clean Windows 10 install

BSOD even after clean Windows 10 install: Hi, As you can read the title my PC keeps getting BSODs even after clean Windows 10 ver.2004 install. It's been days since I'm trying to find a solution, I have tried many things like 'sfc /scannow', 'chkdsk /r /f', 'DISM restorehealth and etc.', performed Memtest86 also...
  7. freezing after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    freezing after clean install: I reset my computer/clean install (or thought I did lol) it ran all thru it but now it freezes during set-up. I am not very tech savy at all, so please if you can help me.I dont know how to get to safe mode or anything. I am currently using a chromebook :( I miss my windows...
  8. No Sound Even After A Clean Install Of Windows 10

No Sound Even After A Clean Install Of Windows 10: My PC is a Dell Optiplex 380 Specs: RAM: 4GB CORE: Intel Core Duo Windows Version: Windows 10 (Avtivated) Please give me a fix. No Sound Even After setting volume all the way up...
  9. Windows 10 freezing after clean install

Windows 10 freezing after clean install: Hi, my computer keeps freezing even after a clean install on a SSD drive, mainly while using the edge browser. I did a full reset and still it froze while watching Mission Impossible trailer. nb. I have no third party software installed. The system a simple standard...
  10. Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall

Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall: I bought a second-hand surface Pro and after a clean reinstall, still, windows is faulty. the problem is that none of Windows settings and capabilities work. the start button doesn't work, the control panel won't open. and none of the things that you have access through...