Windows 10: Windows 10 Still Goes to Sleep after random short intervals

Discus and support Windows 10 Still Goes to Sleep after random short intervals in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I posted a question about this before, and I reloaded windows, and I thought it solved the problem, it did not, and all it cost me was a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChristopherS987456, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Still Goes to Sleep after random short intervals

I posted a question about this before, and I reloaded windows, and I thought it solved the problem, it did not, and all it cost me was a lot of heartache after reloading windows. I thought maybe it was connected to the GEForce Graphics Updates, and sometimes it seems as it is, but it really is not that I can tell, because it Windows 10 still goes to sleep even if I have the latest driver updates, but sometimes, it seems if when there is an update with the GEForce, updating the driver does stop it from sleeping. I thought maybe if I turned off automatic updates in windows it would solve the problem, like it was connected to that, but I don't think it is. I think that Windows 10 for some reason will start going to sleep if you haven't turned if off / restarted in a certain period of time. Usually when I restart it, it stops going to sleep at least for a day or so.

IT IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING THING, because I will be in the middle of working on a project, I take my hands off the keyboard or mouse for a few moments, and then I'll see it go to sleep, and it will keep doing it until I restart (hopefully). I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE who has this issue, I wonder when it will be resolved if ever, it makes me want to go MAC SO BAD, and maybe I will at some point, but I'm so familiar with Windows the leap at this moment is more hassle than I want. No one has ever been able to resolve this, and I know there are several locked threads on this same subject, ACKNOWLEDGE IT IS AN ISSUE and FIX IT, PLLLLLEAAASE!

Here's my old thread on this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/windows-10-laptop-goes-to-sleep-plague-i-wish/23ad63e7-8ea4-4863-b26a-35bfe9c11490?messageId=a164c6ca-5e63-4c3a-93f0-6eb6992ce908&page=1

:)

ChristopherS987456, Apr 30, 2019
  2. VojtechUR Win User

After waking up, computer goes sleep again after short interval of inactivity.

I have set that my computer can never go to sleep on its own. Which works until I activate sleep mode. When I wake it up, it goes to sleep on its own after very short interval of inactivity (like a minute). It is very annoying and I do not know what to
    do. I have been experiencing this issue since fall update.

VojtechUR, Apr 30, 2019
  3. RickMcKenney, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Still Goes to Sleep after random short intervals

Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for delay in responding back to you.

• Have you tried the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

If the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri didn't help you then we suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Still Goes to Sleep after random short intervals

1. Windows 10 Still Goes to Sleep after random short intervals - Similar Threads - Still Goes Sleep

2. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly goes to sleep: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and it randomly goes to sleep in the middle of use. I have the setting set to never sleep but it still does it. Please help;ThanksRusty_F...
  3. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly goes to sleep: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and it randomly goes to sleep in the middle of use. I have the setting set to never sleep but it still does it. Please help;ThanksRusty_F...
  4. Computer randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 wakes up/goes to sleep randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 wakes up/goes to sleep randomly: I have an asus rog laptop with - ryzen 7 5800h CPU - nvidia rtx 3060 GPU - windows 10 latest OSI don't use it as a laptop, I have my tv smart 4k samsung connected to it through hdmi. It doesn't turn the tv off/on, but if the source is set to the pc, it sleeps/wakes up at...
  6. Random BSOD at random intervals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD at random intervals: Hello, I have been having troubles as of recent with random BSOD errors that happen at random times. I initially thought that it may have something to do with my ram as I have had troubles with it in the past, although I have used the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and no...
  7. Laptop goes sleeping randomly

Laptop goes sleeping randomly: My laptop goes sleeping randomly 1. I observed that right before that happens, the Power-LED flashes in yellow color 5 fast flashes. Sometimes when the LEDs flash in that way, I move the mouse to prevent the PC to go to sleep and it appears to work. Because of that...
  8. System goes to sleep randomly

System goes to sleep randomly: System goes to sleep randomly hello.. my name is rohan I have a dell Vostro 3559 running on windows 10. a couple of months ago I upgraded my ram from 4 to 8 gb… due to some technical issue I had to change it with a new one... but from some days I am having a issue not...
  9. System goes to sleep randomly

System goes to sleep randomly: hello.. my name is rohan I have a dell Vostro 3559 running on windows 10. a couple of months ago I upgraded my ram from 4 to 8 gb… due to some technical issue I had to change it with a new one... but from some days I am having a issue not regarding to ram but with the...
  10. Windows 10 goes to sleep automatically randomly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 goes to sleep automatically randomly: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 laptop or computer keeps going to sleep while using, here are a few things you need to take a look at to resolve the issue. Some users have been making complaints recently about problems where Windows [...] This post Windows 10 goes to...