Windows 10: Windows 10 still has bug with resizing

Discus and support Windows 10 still has bug with resizing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's unbelievable to me that it's been over a year and this still isn't fixed. Edge, Feedback Hub, etc. are all affected by this. You can see in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CrossMos, Sep 12, 2018.

1. CrossMos Win User

Windows 10 still has bug with resizing

It's unbelievable to me that it's been over a year and this still isn't fixed. Edge, Feedback Hub, etc. are all affected by this.

You can see in this screenshot that I tried to resize Skype but Windows stops drawing content at a certain point. The borders extend but nothing actually gets rendered.

Windows 10 still has bug with resizing 6f5eee16-2731-45f4-a005-be33d8618b1c?upload=true.png

Furthermore, Skype has become a solid color box. This happens with Edge, too and the app becomes completely worthless.

Skype kept bugging me to update. Now I wish I hadn't. The old desktop version was fine. This version is terrible and has all the UWP/Windows 10 bugs that render it useless.

:)

CrossMos, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 still has bug with resizing

resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 still has bug with resizing

1. Windows 10 still has bug with resizing - Similar Threads - still has bug

2. [BUG]: Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BUG]: Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors: I would like to report a bug and find a solution how to get rid of this behavior. A searchbar gets larger in a window that is moved between two monitors.This is the same issue as described here...
  3. [BUG]: Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [BUG]: Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors: I would like to report a bug and find a solution how to get rid of this behavior. A searchbar gets larger in a window that is moved between two monitors.This is the same issue as described here...
  4. [BUG]: Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Security Bug still not fixed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Bug still not fixed.: I have to pick at this. Microsoft pushed for TPM to be a must have. So, I have to push for a "mandatory" feature to actually work stably.It's apparently been months since Windows Security has had feature breaking bugs, with the only "fix" being to edit the Registry.The "fix"...
  6. Windows Security Bug still not fixed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Bug still not fixed.: I have to pick at this. Microsoft pushed for TPM to be a must have. So, I have to push for a "mandatory" feature to actually work stably.It's apparently been months since Windows Security has had feature breaking bugs, with the only "fix" being to edit the Registry.The "fix"...
  7. Windows 10 still has the guest account!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 still has the guest account!: [ATTACH] There's literally still a GUEST ACCOUNT in Windows 10. It's hidden, but you can see it by typing in net user in cmd.exe. You can still activate it. Did you know it was there in earlier versions of Windows?...
  8. It's 2020 and Windows 10 still has network drive reconnect bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It's 2020 and Windows 10 still has network drive reconnect bug: Seriously .. Since windows 8.. probably 7. Is there any simple or fast way to stop this happening? For the past year its not, suddenly last few mornings it has.. Using NUC i3 Pretty certain Windows is long overdue a fix.. more so as Microsoft said it would be fixed in...
  9. Windows still has bugs after bugs after bugs!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows still has bugs after bugs after bugs!: This would be my what 4 installment of a --->CLEAN<--- "formated" of Windows 10! I don't know why but it seems to hate my computer so much. This is to report bug(s) to Windows developers and Windows developers only. I will not hear any workarounds what so ever. These are bugs...
  10. Windows resize bug, now I can view contents or resize window

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows resize bug, now I can view contents or resize window: I am getting this stupid bug when windows explorer is not maximized, it would show this tiny window. https://i.imgur.com/rn6AAlO.png I can't resize it. This will occurred when I try to move the window from a maximized state across my two monitors from monitor one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge resize bug