Windows 10: Windows 10 still keeps freezing randomly on my HP Pavillion

Discus and support Windows 10 still keeps freezing randomly on my HP Pavillion in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP Pavilion p7-1449 desktop running Windows 10 has run into the problem of freezing or lock up randomly for a while now. This freezing problem had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EL Micro, Jan 29, 2021.

1. EL Micro Win User

Windows 10 still keeps freezing randomly on my HP Pavillion

My HP Pavilion p7-1449 desktop running Windows 10 has run into the problem of freezing or lock up randomly for a while now. This freezing problem had first happened since Microsoft Windows 10 had installed the Fall Creators Update years ago. But then, this freezing problem had been solved by turning off the "fast startup" option in power options on Windows 10 on my PC as suggested by one of the original problem respondents on the Microsoft community. Until recently, sometime last year, This freezing problem came back as Microsoft has updated the Windows 10 operating system sometime last year . This brings back the freezing problem on my HP PC again. Nearly everyday, at some point, my HP PC seems to freeze or crash while I work on the computer or the PC is sitting idle. Sometimes, it freezes few times within an hour and sometimes once a day. I can't move the mouse or input any keys while it's freezing. This seems to suggest the problem seem to be related to some setup in my HP Windows 10. And the setup on my HP Windows 10 seems to have been altered since Microsoft Windows 10 Updates installed last year. This time turning off the "fast startup" option in my HP Pavilion does not work any more. Does anyone know a way to reactivate or unfreeze my computer without do a hard shut down or a hard restart of the computer ? Does any one know how to fix the system freezing problem ? Any help is appreciated.

:)

EL Micro, Jan 29, 2021

2. HP Pavillion Power 15" Windows 10 Freeze

My Laptop keeps freezing once in a while. Once it freezes, it will stay frozen until i either unplug my charger or replug my charger.

I am still unable to fix it, but here are some input.

Laptop: HP Pavillion Power 15"

Some symptoms:

• Ram is around 80% usage or higher
    • The computer does not lag
    • This happens less frequently after restarting and happens more frequently the longer I kept the laptop on or without shutting down (sleeping and turning on)

Thing's I have tried to change:

• the max cpu power in the power management
    • the power plan

Steven Mahasin, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Windows 10 still keeps freezing randomly on my HP Pavillion

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 still keeps freezing randomly on my HP Pavillion

1. Windows 10 still keeps freezing randomly on my HP Pavillion - Similar Threads - still keeps freezing

2. HP Pavillion Restarts Randomly without apparent cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion Restarts Randomly without apparent cause: Our HP Pavillion 590 with Windows 10 Restarts randomly . We have replace the power supply. Looked at event log entries at restart times but find no event apparently linked with restart. majority of restarts are when computer is sleeping but also occur when computer in use....
  3. HP Pavillion Restarts Randomly without apparent cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion Restarts Randomly without apparent cause: Our HP Pavillion 590 with Windows 10 Restarts randomly . We have replace the power supply. Looked at event log entries at restart times but find no event apparently linked with restart. majority of restarts are when computer is sleeping but also occur when computer in use....
  4. HP Pavillion Restarts Randomly without apparent cause

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. hp pavillion camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavillion camera: How do I get the camera on my all in one touch screen desk top to pop up? do I have to manually pull it up? I saw a video where you push it down and it pops up on its own, but mine doesn't do that. It only comes up if I pull it up manually. I just want to make sure that it...
  6. hp pavillion camera

hp pavillion camera: How do I get the camera on my all in one touch screen desk top to pop up? do I have to manually pull it up? I saw a video where you push it down and it pops up on its own, but mine doesn't do that. It only comes up if I pull it up manually. I just want to make sure that it...
  7. HP Pavillion Battery

HP Pavillion Battery: I have a HP pavilion x360, and I noticed that every time when I don't use my computer, and when I leave it on the charger the battery goes from 100% to either 92% or 94%. How come it does this? Is it normal?...
  8. HP Pavillion I7 running Windows 10 freezing after period of no activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavillion I7 running Windows 10 freezing after period of no activity: Laptop is freezing after short or medium 20mins period of inactivity. Sometimes requires a hard restart and in extreme case required battery removal to shut down and reboot. All apps up to date and scans run. Help pls...
  9. Reset HP Pavillion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset HP Pavillion: I am trying to sell my computer so i am trying to factory reset the pc. Everytime i try and reset the pc it leaves me with the message “there was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made.” I dont know why it wont let me reset it and i need to reset it to wipe my...
  10. HP Pavillion Troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Pavillion Troubles: Last night my laptop worked perfectly fine. I turned it on when I arrived at home today only to have the Start menu not work, Cortona doesn't work either, my pins to taskbar do not show, as well as the right hand icons (sound, network, etc.) Any suggestions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pavilion 15 random freeze