Windows 10: windows 10 still picking up my old ssid

Discus and support windows 10 still picking up my old ssid in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I decided to change my wifi SSID but after doing that my windows 10 1809 build machine was not able to see the new ssid and still showing the old ssid,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mitch Peter, Dec 20, 2018.

1. windows 10 still picking up my old ssid

I decided to change my wifi SSID but after doing that my windows 10 1809 build machine was not able to see the new ssid and still showing the old ssid, I have other windows machines, all of them able to connect using the new ssid,

Things I tried:

1) i tried to forget the network but after while it show up under known network again.

2) reinstall my wlan card driver, but same result

3) even tried to go back to old ssid in the router, but even doing that my windows 10 machine can not connect to the old ssid

All other devices wich have Linux / Android / Windows was able to connect to the new ssid without any problem i just needed to forget the old one

Any help appreciated Thanks in advance.

:)

Mitch Peter, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 20, 2018
  4. 'Mike P Win User

windows 10 still picking up my old ssid

How to add two SSIDs to a single network

Sounds like you have three SSID.

You might want to connect to each of your SSID then they will all become known networks & windows is smart, it will pick the best one to use.

If you cant see all of your ssid's, disconnect from the one you are connected to & you probably will see the others show up in your list of available connections.

'Mike P, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 still picking up my old ssid

1. windows 10 still picking up my old ssid - Similar Threads - still picking old

2. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSID not showing up.: I recently tried to change the SSID from default but I did a small mistake. My Modem was Dlink DIR-809. I went to the link, logged in and went to the wireless section and clicked on wireless network setup wizardoption at the top and changed the ssid and clicked next. And I...
  3. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSID not showing up.: I recently tried to change the SSID from default but I did a small mistake. My Modem was Dlink DIR-809. I went to the link, logged in and went to the wireless section and clicked on wireless network setup wizardoption at the top and changed the ssid and clicked next. And I...
  4. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 not picking up programs

Windows 10 not picking up programs: I recently added a new hard drive and moved the apps I installed on C drive to D using cut and paste, all the apps that i have moved on my new hard drive isn't showing up in the Apps folder or Programs and Features folder. This means I cant launch software through start menu,...
  6. Windows 10 not picking up programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not picking up programs: I recently added a new hard drive and moved the apps I installed on C drive to D using cut and paste, all the apps that i have moved on my new hard drive isn't showing up in the Apps folder or Programs and Features folder. This means I cant launch software through start menu,...
  7. Windows 10 not picking up programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

Router's SSID Not Showing Up: Windows 10 available networks does not show the router that is 10' away on my ASUS ROG G751JT. Shows up on my phones, tablets and various other computers. I booted to Ubuntu and it shows fine on the ROG. The SSID was used on a prior router so I deleted the saved network SSID...
  9. Office 2019 picking up old account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2019 picking up old account: I'm trying to set-up a new laptop for my niece that I purchased and it had windows 10 in S mode that I turned off so now im running normal Home. As this isnt my laptop I'm setting it up with no accounts signed in etc but i needed a temp account to get it out of S mode. I...
  10. Windows 10 game dvr not picking up my mic but its picking up my friends mic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 game dvr not picking up my mic but its picking up my friends mic.: If i record out of a game it doesnt get my voice. if i record in game it doesnt record my voice. i have my mic set as default and my headset for audio, i have record only game audio off. my drivers are updated. Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my computer using the default ssid when i gave it a new ssid win 10

2. computer will not pick up router ssid windows 10

3. windows 10 still picking up os on old drive