Windows 10: Windows 10 Still running Super Slow after latest update and patches - help!

Discus and support Windows 10 Still running Super Slow after latest update and patches - help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Laptop about 2 years old - Intel , lots of RAM with SSD drive. Laptop was running super fast - fast boot, just everything was great,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by moemaya2, Sep 11, 2019.

1. moemaya2 Win User

Windows 10 Still running Super Slow after latest update and patches - help!

I have a Dell Laptop about 2 years old - Intel , lots of RAM with SSD drive. Laptop was running super fast - fast boot, just everything was great, until this latest KP4512941 update.

Step 1- I uninstalled it, still running slow.

Step 2 - I re-installed it and installed the latest patch KB4515384, along with any other updates that were there. Still running slow.

By slow I mean everything from basic website browsing, office products, even when i print it comes out slowly from printer.

Step 3 - I did an anti-virus scan - all clean.

Step 4- I tried doing a restore point to go back a week - but I dont have any!!?

Experts - Anything I'm missing? I am trying to avoid a total refresh because I have a lot of software and customized settings on many programs and I would hate to restart from fresh.

(P.S. will Microsoft offer me free remote support to fix this?)

:)

moemaya2, Sep 11, 2019
  2. dnroerig Win User

Super super super slow running Windows 10

I have a Samsung touch screen computer. I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. I have Norton antivirus. A couple of weeks ago my computer started to run slow. I did a "go back to a known good date" reset. worked for a while. then started to slow
    down. Now it takes over an hour from turning on computer to get to google web page. It works, but is super super slow. Do you have a suggestion to try so I dont lose my saved data. I have only got on set up (F8) once on many attempts. Thank you for any help.

dnroerig, Sep 11, 2019
  3. super slow

Hi Mehedy,

PC performance might slow down due to a possible corrupted system file, high CPU, memory, or disk usage, hardware failures or software conflicts. For us to narrow down the issue, kindly answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Have you made any recent hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • On which activity does your PC slows down?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the given methods on this article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Still running Super Slow after latest update and patches - help!

Windows super slow.

I have a Core I3 and 4GB RAM notebook+AMD Processor with 2 GB desktop both with W10.it works even faster than 7.

Go to Control Panel>troubleshooting Run system Maintenance and check if it helps.

In addition,

do these steps:

Master Tutorial to Make Windows 10 Super Fast

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Still running Super Slow after latest update and patches - help!

1. Windows 10 Still running Super Slow after latest update and patches - help! - Similar Threads - Still running Super

2. Why is my Computer running super slow after updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Computer running super slow after updating to windows 11: I updated my laptop to windows 11 3 days ago and ever since my computer has been running ridiculously slow. Can someone please help as I use this for work....
  3. Windows 10 Running SUPER SLOW on startup, please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Running SUPER SLOW on startup, please help.: This just started happening this morning, out of nowhere. Everytime I start up my pc, All actions related to the Windows 10 UI do not work for 5-10 minutes. (Start Menu, Search bar, volume, etc.) Volumew wont go up or down in this period nor can I click the start menu. After...
  4. Computer is running incredibly slow after latest update

Computer is running incredibly slow after latest update: Nothing is working fast. Navigating the typical Windows settings is incredibly slow. I tried to defrag the thing but it says “optimization not available.” This isn’t like “mildly slow.” It’s taking upwards of 30 seconds just for the search bar to be able to display results...
  5. Computer running extremely slow after latest update.

Computer running extremely slow after latest update.: After I switch off last night to install update and turn on this morning, it takes forever for anything to start up and some apps don't start. submitted by /u/league_of_demacia [link] [comments]...
  6. computer running slow after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer running slow after latest update: computer running slow after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow-after-latest-update/e53059ee-e6d1-42fe-b4de-eaba2c15aa56
  7. Log on super slow after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on super slow after update: My HP laptop automatically updated to the latest version of windows 10 this afternoon and now when in trying to log on, it's stuck on the Welcome loading screen. It's been trying to log on for a while now. The first attempt was about 45 minutes, and I had to restart it...
  8. latest window 10 update 1803 on surface pro has made it run super slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    latest window 10 update 1803 on surface pro has made it run super slow.: I bought my surface pro 4 i5 only a few weeks ago and after installing the windows 10 updates 1803 the computer can barely do normal tasks. Just browsing or trying to open Lightroom sends the cpu straight to red 100%. after taking it into tech support today at Harvey norman...
  9. Windows 10 running super slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 running super slow and laggy: I recently had to do a fresh install of windows 10 after a hard drive corruption, before the update win10 ran silky smooth with almost no lag, after the fresh install win10 takes 5 mins to open the setting panel, tried defragmenting my hard drive, no help, tried setting the...
  10. System running super slow with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System running super slow with Windows 10: My Dell Inspiron laptop came with Windows 7 installed in 2011. I had Windows 10 installed via download in August 2015. At first the speed was fine. Now my laptop is so slow that it has become almost unusable. I often click on something and have to wait 10 to 20 seconds for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game slower after window update