Windows 10: Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Looks like I'm one of the many people having issues with the new photo app in Windows 10 on PC. When we first bought these Dell computers the photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregKam, May 4, 2020.

1. GregKam Win User

Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive

Looks like I'm one of the many people having issues with the new photo app in Windows 10 on PC. When we first bought these Dell computers the photo viewer worked like it was supposed to work. After an automatic update it stopped working properly. There are no scroll arrows to jump to the next or previous photos in the same folder. I also can't zoom in on the photo unless I double click the photo and it will zoom in maybe 50%. I did install the photo viewer from the windows 7 platform and that sort of works but it is clunky. I found somewhere on this site someone posted a work a round with quite a bit of editing in REGEDIT. I started to do that and I decided not to. This is a Microsoft problem. You broke it. Now it is way overdue that you fix it. I already hate windows 10, why make me hate it even more? This has been an issue for 4 years now. Is it time to call lawyers for a class action suit? You tell me. Please get this fixed.

:)

GregKam, May 4, 2020

2. Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive.

Many thanks for the 'stock' reply.

Have tried all the above and it still won't work. Symptoms are:

I can only 'scroll' (using left and right cursor keys) on those photo folders on the C drive. I have an external HDD (E drive) which until the most recent updates was ok - however, since the recent updates I'm unable to scroll through photos and have to
    open and close them individually.

Also, since the latest update when I open up the new photo viewer app i get the following message whenever I try to access photos on the E drive: "No readable photos, videos or folders found." 3rd party 'apps'/programs allow me to use the PC as before, however,
    they have poor connectivity to other windows devices on my home network.

I note that I'm not the only one experiencing theses symptoms. Maybe It's time to go to Linux or Mac - I didn't expect Microsoft to push such a poor experience with Windows 10.

impster(2), May 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive.

Okay, after the last update, now the Windows 10 Photo app scroll isn't even working for my folders in C Drive. The arrow keys are there, but they're disabled. I have to go into the folder and open each photo individually. What gives, Microsoft guys? I certainly
    didn't disable the scroll. What the point of having a Photos app that doesn't scroll? You guys have got to fix this. This is your doing, not ours.

Donald Koelper, May 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive

Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive.

Hi,

I would suggest you to follow the below methods.

Method: 1

Try running windows app troubleshooter & check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method: 2

Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22877/windows-10-photos

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive

1. Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive - Similar Threads - 'stock' photo viewer

2. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  3. transferring photos to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring photos to external hard drive: Can someone please help me put my photos that I have saved onto my pc with OneDrive sync on, onto an external hard drive. i only want the image folder placed onto the external hard drive not the OneDrive back up.I have tried several times and it is coming up with There is not...
  4. How to find "PHOTOS" in external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find "PHOTOS" in external hard drive.: My old Acer Desktop with Windows 10 died peacefully. I removed the hard drive from it and have a hard drive dock. When I plug in the dock, I see the following see image below. My question is where are my photos? How can I find them? I want to transfer them to my new computer....
  5. Moving photos onto external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving photos onto external hard drive: Hello! I need help. I have a phone full of photos. I want to get them onto an external hard drive and I’m having a tough time. Any help would be appreciated. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7. The laptop is a Lenovo so Desktop/IBM. The external HD is a KESU with FAT-32. I...
  6. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  7. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  8. Photos and external hard drive problem

Photos and external hard drive problem: Hello, I have an external hard drive full of photos. I am hoping to link these photos to the Windows 10 Photos app without moving them to the laptop's internal hard drive. I want them to stay on the external drive and, furthermore, want any new photos added (from my phone,...
  9. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo: How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me doing any changes in the app the scroll is zooming the photos. Also the appearance of the app is now different. E.g. the...
  10. windows 10 photo viewer, get rid of scroll effect ?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 photo viewer, get rid of scroll effect ?: Hey all, so i installed windows 10 home on a new ssd from scratch, all is going great except the image viewer is making me a bit dizzy from the scrolling while viewing images. i'm thinking there must be a way to disable that effect when changing pictures and just have...